Pot question for my randall rg100es??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pot question for my randall rg100es??

Hey Dudes hows it going? I need to replace the pot for my Mids on my RG100ES. Starting from the left it's the 2nd one in. On the Pot it says "MOUSER" B2K. Is this a 2 OHM Pot? Any particular Brand to go with....CTS? Where's the Best place to buy them Stew Mac or ? If anyone can guide me in the right Direction I sure would appreciate it! I will tell you what for a 25 + year old Amp it sure is Spotless! Thanks for any Help/Info!
    Last edited by axe dude; 01-11-2013, 08:41 AM.
    *Kramer Focus 4000 "V" 85' with OFR \m/
    *Kramer Focus 1000 85' with OFR \m/
    *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/
    Randall RG100ES (88') Gray Carpet "THE METAL MONSTER" \m/
    *Ampeg VH140C HEAD....O.M.G. METAL HEAVEN! \m/
    *ADA MP-1 (3.666 RECTO/SOLDANO) MOD* \m/
    *Digitech RP-1 "THE ORIGINAL" \m/
    *Morley Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah \m/

​*LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L!" \m/

Originally posted by axe dude View Post
    Hey Dudes hows it going? I need to replace the pot for my Mids on my RG100ES.
    Why? What's wrong with it?
    Starting from the left it's the 2nd one in. On the Pot it says "MOUSER" B2K. Is this a 2 OHM Pot?
    B = Linear, 2K = 2,000 ohms
    I am familiar with the 25K/250K/500K Etc. but not this one.
    I don't see why a 2K pot would throw you off if you are familiar with these other pots.
    Which one should I replace this one with?
    The correct one.
    Any particular Brand to go with....CTS?
    Sure.
    Where's the Best place to buy them Stew Mac or ?
    Stew-Mac is a guitar parts retailer. I think you can find better prices and choices out there. tubeandmore.com, ebay, etc. Try a google search?

Comment

First off whats wrong with the pot just scratchy sounding?Work it back and forth until the scratchiness stops maybe shoot some electronics cleaner in it and work it back and forth.Sometimes just a blast of compressed air will do the trick.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
        First off whats wrong with the pot just scratchy sounding?
        I asked that as well also.

Sometimes it is not that easy. Sometimes it is a bad design and a circuit modification is required. I know for a fact some old SS designs had DC running through the pot. This will alway end up being scratchy. Solution is to use a fat blocking cap to block the DC.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
          First off whats wrong with the pot just scratchy sounding?Work it back and forth until the scratchiness stops maybe shoot some electronics cleaner in it and work it back and forth.Sometimes just a blast of compressed air will do the trick.
          Yeah when I got the Amp I took it apart & went through everything. Cleaned all the Pots Etc. I already sprayed some cleaner in it & worked it back & forth several times. It would always go back to it being very hard (Basically Stuck) to turn. The Main reason I need to replace it is that the Shaft (Splines) broke in half! This being the reason for the new one! I guess 25 + years it finally had to go...Thanks for the Info!
          Last edited by axe dude; 01-10-2013, 12:46 AM.
          *Kramer Focus 4000 "V" 85' with OFR \m/
          *Kramer Focus 1000 85' with OFR \m/
          *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/
          Randall RG100ES (88') Gray Carpet "THE METAL MONSTER" \m/
          *Ampeg VH140C HEAD....O.M.G. METAL HEAVEN! \m/
          *ADA MP-1 (3.666 RECTO/SOLDANO) MOD* \m/
          *Digitech RP-1 "THE ORIGINAL" \m/
          *Morley Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah \m/

​*LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L!" \m/

Comment

If the pot sez mouser, go to mouser.com & get it there.http://www.mouser.com/
            METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Working...
            X