Pickup Selector Tip not staying on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup Selector Tip not staying on?

Not a majorly important question but still, on my RG770 the rubber tip on my pickup selector comes off after just using it a few times, (I use the neck pickup for my leads more than often, only can use the pickup selector 4 times until it just falls off). Is there any way I can get it to stay on there? I don't want to super glue it in case I have to take out the selector out one day, but when I play live shows I can't use the tip and switching pickups is a pain.

Thanks for any and all input!

I've seen a tech heat them up a bit in boiling water so it will compress a little and then put them back on the shaft.
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Put a very small piece of scotch tape on one side of the "blade" and then shove the switch on.

Comment

Meh, glue it with whatever keeps it in place, wether that's elmo's or supercyanacrillicpoison

in the worst case, you're gonna have to cut/scrape off the tip
        just keep a few spares
        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I ran into this issue and was going to try a small amount of Loctite on it for a semi-permanent bond. I never got around to testing it though, so experiment at your own risk. I've got a few others that are IMPOSSIBLE to remove, and I fear the original owners superglued them on there!

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys, I'm gonna try them all out! Happy new year!

Comment

avoid gluing it on if you can. As you said, if you ever need to replace the switch it will be a complete bastard
              Hail yesterday

Comment

If it doesnt fit snug its probably not the right tip. U can use tape or drill a small hoke in one side of the tip and thread in a set screw to tighten it.

Comment

I would try to use cutters to slightly bend/warp the flat metal blade of the switch. Also make some small notches around the edges. Then a drop of blue loctite.

Comment

Working...
                  X