No announcement yet.

Floyd Rose Trem arm conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got one this week and will set it up on the weekend. Surprised there's no knob on the bottom like an Ibz arm but it should still be stable as and I doubt the nylon sleeve is going to get sloppy for many a year. Here's an "exploded" view of it.

www.vvforums.com

Comment

Definitely post up a review of it. I might have to try one out.
      My Toys:
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
      '94 Dinky HX in Black
      '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Yes they do. I got a gold one. For my RRXMG. I have some pics & info in the RRXMG Facelift thread. I need to finish the electronics & that thread... hopefully tomorrow.
        KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
        I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

This looks really nice. Also looks like the bushing has a tension screw. If that's what that is, that's awesome.

I might have to get a couple of these... one for my 7 string, that's for sure.

Originally posted by shramiac View Post
          Got one this week and will set it up on the weekend. Surprised there's no knob on the bottom like an Ibz arm but it should still be stable as and I doubt the nylon sleeve is going to get sloppy for many a year. Here's an "exploded" view of it.

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

That does look pretty neat!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It is a tension screw. It works great. You can set it stiff to keep the bar in place until you manually move it. Or just snug enough to keep the bar from falling out, when being silly & flipping guitar facedown, yet still swing out of the way on it's own.
              KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
              I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Even with the grub screw wound out, the arm is still secure in the sleeve and will flutter. I like that it sits lower and feels more like my Ibz arm but....because it's lower, it gets stopped from a full 360 turn by both E string fine tuners. Not a drama if you don't want to do "Vai arm swirls" though. I think there's a thread in the bottom of the arm holder that a bolt could screw into thus making the arm "bottom out" higher in the sleeve and therefore miss the tuners. Sorry, I was in a rush to put it in and didn't take much notice but will check it out tonight.
                www.vvforums.com

Comment

There is a hole there but it is not threaded. I imagine one could tap some threads in it. It crossed my mind @ one point. I may do that with the black one I will get for the Soloist.

Comment

One trick I have done with collar type is find a small O ring and push it up in the collar.
                    When you tighten down the collar it contacts the O ring and holds it wherever you want it.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                    X