Model 2 sounding bright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 2 sounding bright

So I had my red model 2 that needed a re-fret done last week. In addition I finally found a mint j-90c so I pulled the dimarzios x2n out also had the volume pot replaced and set up. Plays like a dream and is back to original config. I noticed it a lot brighter than my other j-90c model 2?? I put a 500k pot in this one the pick was reading 14.98 on the meter (between a jb and distortion) is it the pot?
    750XL Cherry Sunburst
    375DX Metallic black
    Model 2 blue
    Model 2 Red
    USA Candy Apple Red San Dimas
    USA Slime Green San Dimas
    MIJ ProMod Candy Blue San Dimas
    Gibson Les Pauls
    PRS SC-250

Maybe. No two pieces of wood are the same.

Comment

Bypass the pot and wire the pup direct to the jack. Get an ohm reading on the pot.
      After you hear what the pup really sounds like in that axe, you can wire in different pot/caps to get the tone your wanting.
      Last edited by Tricky; 12-31-2012, 09:56 PM.
      Models
      The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
      I dont need furniture.
      If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
      If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
      And rock that sucker.

Comment

You're not alone. It must be red ones because, I too have a red model 2 and it sounded thin with the J90C and it sounds thin now with a Screamin Demon and a push pull to single coil it. I decided to cut another pickup route for a neck pickup and put a pair of Paf Pros in it. Good luck sir.
        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
        X