What volume pot with a j-90c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What volume pot with a j-90c

Picked up a j-90c to load into a project model #2. I am going to replace the pot as it's old and scratchy and contact cleaner won't help it. What's the value of the original? 250k or 500k?
    750XL Cherry Sunburst
    375DX Metallic black
    Model 2 blue
    Model 2 Red
    USA Candy Apple Red San Dimas
    USA Slime Green San Dimas
    MIJ ProMod Candy Blue San Dimas
    Gibson Les Pauls
    PRS SC-250

Not sure of the original, but try either 250K or 500K to see what sounds best.

Comment

Lots of players will tell you they hear a big difference between the 2 pots. I find the difference very minimal, if any, but others will say I’m crazy. I think it will be 250K but I don't know that for sure. It should say on the pot itself…..If you’re in doubt I would go with 250K.
      -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

I'd say 500k. If you want a darker/warmer sound, go with 250k. If you want even brighter and full open, go with 1meg.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You can always turn the volume down if it's too edgey but you can't turn it up if it's too dark.

Comment

I have never noticed any darkness in 250K pots. Which makes me think I'm not listening close enough, because EVERYONE keeps saying that!:think: I have an RR3 that needs to be wired up shortly I better try the 500K pots again.....
            -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Working...
            X