Who Does Fret Jobs Around Here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Does Fret Jobs Around Here?

I have a Jackson neck that the frets have lifted and I have tried to press, glue and hammer (fret hammer) them down but they will not fully seat. I have some of the frets down but I still have high spots so now it is time to throw in the towel and have someone who knows what they are doing to have a go. I live in a small town and our one guitar shop sends there neck work off. I was told that their guy charges $20 per fret for replacement. Is this high?

Who would you guys suggest/recommend? I checked with Sully and he is busy with builds.

Thanks,
    Alan
    No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Check with Plon, I believe he is south east and people here have only had good things to say about his work that I've seen.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Wolfe guitars has a Plek'ing machine. I think its about $200 per neck

Comment

Are your slots deep enough? $20 a fret is good money, lol. I need to start a hustle.

I've done one full neck and it worked out well. If you've hammered, glued etc. Maybe your slots aren't deep enough for them to sit all the way down.

I'm sure Sully will chime in and offer some help. Maybe a pic of the profile of the board?

Comment

I bought one of plon's necks (he made) about a month ago and it looks awesome. But I haven't found a body worthy of this neck yet

I would positively consider plon for fret work.

Comment

Plon is in Florida and does some amazing work. He's my go-to for frets (I had him do a Model 4 with stainless 6100's and love it).

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
              Wolfe guitars has a Plek'ing machine. I think its about $200 per neck
              I was hoping to get the neck corrected for $200.

PM'd Plon.
              Last edited by Big Al; 11-15-2012, 11:37 AM.
              No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

Working...
              X