Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know the factory setting specs for a model 375?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know the factory setting specs for a model 375?

Hey guys,
    So, I'm almost done rebuilding my model 375, actually just waiting for my neck pup to come in the mail. I have strung up the guitar and set intonation/tuning, etc. I'm just not sure what the string heights should be. It's pretty low right now and I like that...but I can't seem to get the right "feel" with the right "height"...maybe I'm just too used to the san dimas neck?

I figured if I can start at the factory height settings I can go from there. Anyone might know?

Why the factory settings? If you like the San Dimas, set it up like that one.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
      Why the factory settings? If you like the San Dimas, set it up like that one.
      It's because I suspect I can't get the same feel with the san dimas neck by just copying measurements, as the necks are a different shape..or feel different, at least. I figure if I can get it to factory spec then I have a starting point, ya know?

Comment

All of my guitars are probably setup a little different from one another. I set them up by feel and of course how well the last fret level was done, lol. Some of my guitars feel great with low action and some don't. Good luck.
        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

No need for exact measurements and I'm sure the factory doesn't have any either.
          Set it up where it feels the best to you.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I remember this question coming up 2-ish tears ago and nobody came up with factory specs.
            Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

I can't speak for Charvel, but I've got a few Jackson manuals that say they are sent from the factory with the height (measured as the distance from the bottom of the string to the top of the 12th fret) set at 1.5mm on guitars.

Not sure if that's any help to you. If not, never mind

Comment

haha, can't hurt! Thanks for the help guys. I think I have one high fret, and I think I screwed it up enough just sanding it, so off to get setup, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                X