Jackson Fusion pro - Top or Veneer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Fusion pro - Top or Veneer ?

Hello everybody. this is my first post here so please don't shoot me if I posted this in the wrong category.

I've had my Jackson Fusion Pro since 1991 and Im the only owner, it has toured some and got the scars to prove it too(but not to badly cut though, I've been taking care of my baby).
    Lately Ive been drooling over the natural SL1's & SL2's but the price tag over here(Sweden) is to hefty for me to be honest!

So I got this bright idea, why not strip my old Professional instead...ok, I don't get the awesome neck-through-body, but I get the black headstock as I would prefer and the scale length on the fusion suits me better too. Thinkin about upgrading to a OFR and expand the recess-pocket to make it fit...and scrape off the satin finish on the neck to get that wood feel goin.

The thing is this:

The spec says basswood with maple top and back, but is it really?

Does anybody know if its really a top and not just veneer ?, I would love to know this before i start peeling the paint off!
    A top is workable, while a veneer is to thin to do anything creative with me thinks.

Its this model right here:
    http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...n%2FPage33.jpg
    Mine is blue though, and it says "professional" after the "Jackson" logo, I think its -91 not sure though.
    Serial:901918 (serial suggests its -90?)
Working...
X