X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low profile floyd rose bridge question INA MIJ Jackson dkmgff

Fucking Hails Guys
    how are you?!?!
    I have a small TECH question i would like to do .
    I just bought a JACKSON DKMGFF and when i received it, i just realized it has a archtop body and a LOW Profile Floyd rose bridge.

heres my question : i want to sell the body and the bridge , and build one to fit the neck.
    Will i be forced to Buy a low profile Bridge? or can i buy a regular floyd rose bridge and use with it without problems?

do you need photos of the guitar in question??

Thank You Very much in Advance
    JP
    Last edited by With Full Distortion; 10-19-2012, 11:38 AM.

If you're going to build the body, you can use whatever bridge you want. You will just have to adjust the neck angle to match the particular bridge you choose.
    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Hey Man
      thank you for the input... im thinking about buying either a schaller bridge or an OFR bridge.
      now i have adifferent question.. If i decide to get a Used Jackson Body off Ebay. which model should i look for to fit this guitar neck?!?!?
      i dont want any archtop body,
      the guitar in question is a 24 FRETS 25.5 scale length.

Comment

To my knowledge, all Jackson bolt-on guitars have the same size hell and neck pocket, so any Jackson body should fit.
        Just make sure that the body is from another 24 fret, 25.5" scale guitar or you won't be able to set the intonation right.
        As for the Schaller or OFR, they have different dimensions, and will drop right in on different Jacksons, depending on the original trem.
        The Schaller is a direct-swap with the JT-500 and JT-590, and the OFR will direct-swap with the JT-580 Low Profile, IIRC.

I would say to look for a body from a DK2M. They are flat-top and readily available, as people get the DK2M for the maple neck and then sell off the body.
        My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

Comment

fucking thanks man Q; p

Comment

No problem. The only thanks I want is pics of the guitar when you're done!

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHA OK. first ill assembly it the way it came to me, except for the emg 81-60 set im putting in. if i dislike the body and bridge, then ill do a custom body . ill provide pics for everything. and a video too.
              q: p

Comment

Working...
              X