School Me on Whammy Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
    Not turn this into a Floyd vs Kahler debate but... Kahlers are not terrible and I don't have string breaking problems with them. I can change strings as quick if not quicker than on a Floyd. I have had both Kahlers and Floyds since the 80's and still play both out live in my band. They both work fine. Its usually someone's fear of switching from a fixed bridge or string thru to a trem that is the issue just like what is being asked here.
    I have no plroblems going from my Floyded to my Kahlered guiatrs and back to my fixed bridges. They're all good
    To each their own, and I wont disagree with your fondness of Kahlers. I really wanted to like them at first because they do actually feel exceptionally smooth, and their non-intrusive design is really quite beautiful. But, on the other hand, my Kahler Flyer would break strings pretty much without fail after executing a high pull-up, and I even actually broke through a saddle once! I can't speak to the other Kahler models, but the Flyer turned me off almost entirely. That coupled with its sometimes shoddy tuning stability was just too much (though this could have been a direct result of the nut that was installed on the guitar). If I could find a Kahler that worked as well as my Floyds, I'd be all for them.

Comment

In my opinion, the best thing you can do is try one for yourself. Find a smaller local shop to go to instead of the box box music stores. At a smaller local shop you stand a much higher chance of getting good info. Then tell them what you would like to know and ask them if you could try one. Chances are that the guitars they have will be in much better shape than all the abused axes at the local GC or Sam Ash.
      My Toys:
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
      '94 Dinky HX in Black
      '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Rule 1) If your aggressive as fuck and only play (no bitches will be at my show death style)metal ~ Avoid the floyd
        Rule 2) If your a guitarist who has actual fun playing screw it, you probably have a back up in case a string breaks ....

Rule 3) It's always better to have chicks at your shows, even if you suck, they'll help fill seats (booking 101)
        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
          Rule 1) If your aggressive as fuck and only play (no bitches will be at my show death style)metal ~ Avoid the floyd
          I think Rick Rozz would disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
            Tell that to my fiance who loves death metal!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
            X