Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wait, you can't do double bends on floyd's?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3reach View Post
    I REALLY want a trem, its just these things I learned have steered me away.

So its possible to do Hetfield-hard palm mutes, double stops, and open string-bends, all while staying in tune? Then why have other lots of other people on here and other forums who had floyds say they couldnt do these things and sold their guitars because of it?

Are there any vids of someone with an unmodified floyd doing all these things?
    Probably because:
    a) They're pussies.
    b) They don't know how to play guitar.
    c) They're pussies.
    d) All of the above.

I can do all those things you and do them all the time in fact since they're an integral part of my playing. Have you ever played a guitar with a Floyd Rose bridge?

It's not rocket science man it's just a guitar with a floating bridge. You want a video? Check out any Metallica live video and watch Kirk Hammett do all the incredible amazing things you mentioned with a Floyd-equipped ESP.
    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
      Probably because:
      a) They're pussies.
      b) They don't know how to play guitar.
      c) They're pussies.
      d) All of the above.

I can do all those things you and do them all the time in fact since they're an integral part of my playing. Have you ever played a guitar with a Floyd Rose bridge?

It's not rocket science man it's just a guitar with a floating bridge. You want a video? Check out any Metallica live video and watch Kirk Hammett do all the incredible amazing things you mentioned with a Floyd-equipped ESP.

No, I have never played a guitar with any trem at all, lol. Thats why I wanted to see if the common bad things associated with floyds were true before deciding between rr1 or rr1t. I guess they are pussies then lol. I will have to try out a guitar with a floyd before buying and try the tips you guys gave to me to see if they work. Hopefully they do!
      Last edited by 3reach; 09-12-2011, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Well there you go. It's all well and good to hear other people's opinion but at the end of the day, form your own.
        It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
        ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
          Well there you go. It's all well and good to hear other people's opinion but at the end of the day, form your own.
          Thanks man. If I get the floyd I will use it tastefully. I see so many vids on youtube of teenagers abusing the hell out of them doing constant divebombs at home or at school talent shows to the cheering of 13 year olds who thinks he is amazing cuz he can constantly abuse a whammy bar, It makes me cringe watching vids of people abusing them. I will use it tastefully to accentuate certain notes rather than showoff. Like Randy Rhoads, Kirk Hammett, SRV (even though he didnt use a floyd). I want it to use it when I need to highlight certain notes, rather than use it non stop throughout songs like certain famous guitar players today
          Last edited by 3reach; 09-12-2011, 11:46 AM.

Comment

If you put your palm down in the wrong spot, or press down way too hard, you won't be able to do palm mutes without it going out of tune. If you do it right, it won't be a problem.

If you do double-stop bends the way you would do them on a hardtail, they will be slightly flat. If you do it right for a guitar with a tremolo, it won't be a problem.

These people who are telling you this stuff sound like hamfisted dumbshits that grabbed an Espee off the wall at Guitar Center with a Tremolo, played it for 10 seconds, and decided it "couldn't work."

Comment

Whoa whoa, using my trem for divebombs and dimebag squeals is distasteful??? :O
              I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Originally posted by TKEblue View Post
                Whoa whoa, using my trem for divebombs and dimebag squeals is distasteful??? :O
                Didn't say that, I said constantly doing it through out every song to show off is what I hate.

Zakk Wylde sums up what I think about that at 2:20 in this vid

Last edited by 3reach; 09-12-2011, 12:47 PM.

Comment

I get what you mean but its a lot harder to do something like that with a trem while playing then with a wah pedal.
                  I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Originally posted by TKEblue View Post
                    I get what you mean but its a lot harder to do something like that with a trem while playing then with a wah pedal.
                    That's what the guitar tech is for, stompin on the pedals and making sure my beer if full!!
                    You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

So its possible to do Hetfield-hard palm mutes, double stops, and open string-bends, all while staying in tune?

What part of this don't you understand

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
                        What part of this don't you understand
                        If you would have read I understand it now...

Off topic: I always see Kirk with that tape on his hand, why does he do that?
                        Last edited by 3reach; 09-12-2011, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Because he's a weenie. Something about his bridge cutting him.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                            Because he's a weenie. Something about his bridge cutting him.
                            HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

So its possible to do Hetfield-hard palm mutes, double stops, and open string-bends, all while staying in tune? Then why have other lots of other people on here and other forums who had floyds say they couldnt do these things and sold their guitars because of it?

Are there any vids of someone with an unmodified floyd doing all these things?
                              I am here to tell you (again) that if people bitch about floyds, its because they are lazy or just plain bullheaded for the sake of being bullheaded. there is simply NO merit to any of the fabled Floyd Rose dilemas that people talk about. If you just practice and play your guitar, you will be able to achieve all of those techniques you desire to master on a floyd equipped guitar. its just not as complicated as people make it out to be.

and watching a video of someone doing these things isnt going to help you. you need to just sit down and start practicing them. I dont know how else to explain it. I have never had a lesson on floyd management, and I am able to do anything with them. I am not a pro. You can do it, just try and keep trying.
                              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Then why have other lots of other people on here and other forums who had floyds say they couldnt do these things and sold their guitars because of it?
                                I'm really interested who these people are. Sounds like a bunch of Jenny McCarthy the Medical "Expert"'s of guitar world.
                                Last edited by Endrik; 09-12-2011, 02:39 PM.
                                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                                X