Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wait, you can't do double bends on floyd's?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread is so full of fail i actually broke a sweat from how angry i was after reading the first handful of posts. I concur with VitaminG's post and have nothing else to add, i would say some mean shit if i did.
    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
      OH hell no! dont leave now! watching these guys argue physics is going to be like watching a bunch of old geezers from the nursing home race go carts.
      What the hell is that supposed to mean?
      Maybe this isn't the right place for a debate on the physics of guitars - fair enough - but what makes you think you can judge whether I'm competent to debate it?
      My other signature says something funny

Comment

Originally posted by Cliff View Post
        What the hell is that supposed to mean?
        Maybe this isn't the right place for a debate on the physics of guitars - fair enough - but what makes you think you can judge whether I'm competent to debate it?
        calm down Rooney!! I am just messin with you guys. If your a physicist, its going to be an awful boring debate. if your not a physicist, its going to be an awful boring debate. Its physics! I took plenty of physics in college, and its as boring as watching paint dry. So cool down dude, no harm meant. I am just messin witchas!
        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

OH and for the record, I think whomever started this thread can modify their technique to bend 2 strings with a floyd, I do it. I play floyd guitars 99% of the time, and I have just learned to bend the strings to make it work. Its all technique.

Comment

You got me. Sorry for the over-reaction - no harm done .
            My other signature says something funny

Comment

OH and for the record, I think whomever started this thread can modify their technique to bend 2 strings with a floyd, I do it. I play floyd guitars 99% of the time, and I have just learned to bend the strings to make it work. Its all technique.

I do not want to install a tremel no as if I cant both dive/rise than a floyd would be pointless.

So to have an overview.

1) Hitting the bridge to hard during palm mutes can make it go out of tune

2) Double stops can easily be done on floyds as long as you bend the flat string slightly with the other string.

3) Open string + bends are not doable. FOr instance, Ozzy- no more tears. You have to hit an open string and bend another string while the open string is ringing. Not possible on a floyd?

Comment

Dude you reaslly have no idea what you're talking about.

Originally posted by RD
                ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                  Dude you reaslly have no idea what you're talking about.
                  Oh, so bending a string, while another open string rings, is possible then and will stay in tune?

Comment

Originally posted by 3reach View Post

3) Open string + bends are not doable. FOr instance, Ozzy- no more tears. You have to hit an open string and bend another string while the open string is ringing. Not possible on a floyd?
                    This was covered, put back pressure on the trem when bending the string and the open string will stay in its proper tuning. BTW, whoever it was who pointed this out, kudos to you, I learned something that I hadnt considered before. I was in the "it cant be done" camp on that one, Im not now, thanks. Let me just put that in the ol bag of tricks.
                    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I have to say this......... I have never, ever, not even once experienced ANY of the fabled Floyd Rose problems that some people complain about. I have never had a problem with palm muting, and I cannot see how some people do. it just bewilders me. and I have never had the tuning issues people bitch about. I have never had the string bending problems either. Is it just because I have played them forever? I love floyds and would have one on a frickin acoustic guitar for the tuning stability alone if I could. IMO anyone that dont see anything but benefits from a floyd rose is lazy or bullheaded and wont accept them for the sake of being bullheaded old school.

Comment

I have to say this......... I have never, ever, not even once experienced ANY of the fabled Floyd Rose problems that some people complain about. I have never had a problem with palm muting, and I cannot see how some people do. it just bewilders me. and I have never had the tuning issues people bitch about. I have never had the string bending problems either. Is it just because I have played them forever? I love floyds and would have one on a frickin acoustic guitar for the tuning stability alone if I could. IMO anyone that dont see anything but benefits from a floyd rose is lazy or bullheaded and wont accept them for the sake of being bullheaded old school.
                        I second that!
                        You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

Hallelujah!

Originally posted by RD

Comment

Originally posted by 3reach View Post
                            Oh, so bending a string, while another open string rings, is possible then and will stay in tune?
                            Yes, if you know how to play a guitar with a tremolo.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                              Yes, if you know how to play a guitar with a tremolo.
                              I REALLY want a trem, its just these things I learned have steered me away.

So its possible to do Hetfield-hard palm mutes, double stops, and open string-bends, all while staying in tune? Then why have other lots of other people on here and other forums who had floyds say they couldnt do these things and sold their guitars because of it?

Are there any vids of someone with an unmodified floyd doing all these things?

Comment

ALL my guitars have floyds, I can't even play properly and I don't have this problem :think:
                                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                                X