Dean Blacktooth Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dean Blacktooth Amp

For those of you who made it to NAMM this year and saw this amp, I'm curious what your thoughts are on it. Is it another bad gimmick by Dean, or is it a decent amp?

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=112750

That video sounds a bit shitty. I found a different/better one here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMc8e1yvfHY

But it would definitely be interesting to hear comments of those who were there to hear it in person at NAMM.

List price is about $350USD or so I've heard... If it's decent I'll probably bring one over just because it's so cheap!

Comment

I don't think the amp is necessarily a gimmick, but it IS more exploitation of Dime's name. I think the amp really does a great job of emulating classic pantera tone, but no one except DBD will ever sound just like DBD. If I were after Dime's tone then that's where I'd probably start.
      Guitars:
      '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
      '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
      '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
      Amp:
      VOX AD30VT

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed View Post
        That video sounds a bit shitty. I found a different/better one here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMc8e1yvfHY

But it would definitely be interesting to hear comments of those who were there to hear it in person at NAMM.

List price is about $350USD or so I've heard... If it's decent I'll probably bring one over just because it's so cheap!

Hey, that's the crazy bitch from Rock of Love.
        Guitars:
        '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
        '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
        '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
        Amp:
        VOX AD30VT

Comment

I heard it.
          i thought it sounded better than the krank......
          :ROTF:
          "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

They'll NEVER get Dime's tone that way. Dime's sound came from playing through both little itty bitty 12" guitar speakers as well as bass guitar speakers/PA subwoofers. They're compensating with eq, and it's makin' the dropped tuning sound pretty crappy.
            Where the heck are we going and what's this hand-basket thing we're riding in?????

Comment

Cash in.

I have no respect for Dean and I don't even like Dime. That's just dirty.
              "Dear Dr. Bill,
              I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                Cash in.

I have no respect for Dean and I don't even like Dime. That's just dirty.
                I like Dime and I think Dean should have more respect. Leave Dime alone!
                I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

How many people can possibly align themselves with Dimebag. I sincerely hope his family is getting paid in royalties and up front cash for all the use of his name on their product.
                  Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                  http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

dime liked dean, so he probably would have gone for it if they would have thought it up before he was killed.
                    198? Charvel Model 2B s/n 245085
                    1987 Charvel Model 6 s/n C707218
                    2001 SL2H Black Pearl s/n U09404
                    2006 SL2HT Burnt Cherry Sunburst s/n U18151
                    2008 USA C/S Soloist Soft Arch Carved Top Tiger Eye JA0510
                    2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 006666 (Ebony Fretboard)
                    2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 007066 (Maple Freboard)

Comment

Originally posted by Learn Guitars View Post
                      How many people can possibly align themselves with Dimebag. I sincerely hope his family is getting paid in royalties and up front cash for all the use of his name on their product.
                      I actually believe they pay Rita quite well (IIRC)
                      Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonite View Post
                        I actually believe they pay Rita quite well (IIRC)
                        She always seems to be at their events. She never seems interested in any videos they post. Almost like she's just there for the money.
                        "Dear Dr. Bill,
                        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                          She always seems to be at their events. She never seems interested in any videos they post. Almost like she's just there for the money.
                          I don't ever see vinnie getting cash for this crap then again if he were in control dean wouldnt have 32 sig guitars and two sig dime basses...

I don't think people would mind so much if they werent constantly churning out new dime stuff...

They'd be better off havinga few import deans low mid and higher end, then maybe a few usa ones and occasional a special edition one every few years...preferably based or close to something he actually used...

All that dean dime amp is a randall Rg100es or something just slightly tweaked...

Ahh well i'm sure we will see a dean dime pickup in the not too distant future, we allready have them making their own version of the 59...why dont they just make a dimebucker aswell...

So many people avoid dean simply because of their dime whoring...

Comment

I heard the amp comes with udders so you can milk Dime over and over and over...

Comment

Originally posted by ozzuk1 View Post
                              I don't ever see vinnie getting cash for this crap then again if he were in control dean wouldnt have 32 sig guitars and two sig dime basses...

I don't think people would mind so much if they werent constantly churning out new dime stuff...

They'd be better off havinga few import deans low mid and higher end, then maybe a few usa ones and occasional a special edition one every few years...preferably based or close to something he actually used...

All that dean dime amp is a randall Rg100es or something just slightly tweaked...

Ahh well i'm sure we will see a dean dime pickup in the not too distant future, we allready have them making their own version of the 59...why dont they just make a dimebucker aswell...

So many people avoid dean simply because of their dime whoring...
                              ** You make some good points...for me its confusing which are the Dean
                              plywood POS Dimes...(even though they cost $900) and which are sold
                              well built DBD homages? They seem to have about 22 of them out there! IMO (not knowing a thing about this series)
                              you have to pay around $1500.00 to get a good one?

Comment

Working...
                              X