Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couple of questions on new NAMM stuff...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of questions on new NAMM stuff...?

OK, so now that we've viewed & drooled (or not) over the gear, I've got a couple of questions...

- Were new price lists released by Jackson or Charvel?

- Are the new finishes (absynth green, agent orange, copperhead snakeskin, quicksilver, acapolco gold) available on all Jackson USA Select guitars, or only some? If the latter, which ones?

- There were a couple of quilt top Soloists displayed. It appears that transparent SLs are now available with the choice or flame or quilt-tops? If true, is there an upcharge for quilt and how much?

- Follow-up to the last one. Those SLs also had different hardware - one black, one gold - and black logos. Is this an indication that hardware color is now an option, too, or were those just one-off customs? If so, what's the upcharge?

- What's the list price on the new Demmel V? Specs? - Woods, Original Floyd & EMGs?

- What's the deal with the pickguard'd Charvels? Supposedly, you can have one built in 60 days? Is this a semi-production strathead model? (...Yes, I know the prices & specs for the NAMM guitars are on the Charvel website.)

Ya know if you would've posted these questions BEFORE the show....

Here's the Charvel prices: http://www.charvelguitars.com/price_sheet.html

I believe the new finishes are available on all Selects, but I could be wrong on that.

I just didn't feel like peppering Mike & Brian with questions like I usually do.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Is there a new catalog?
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sweet. Can't wait!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by RD
          WAN'T READY FOR NAMM.

I BELIEVE MAY IS THE NEW TARGET DATE.

BUT FROM WHAT I HEAR..... IT WILL BE TEH BEST JACKSON CATALOG EVER MADE WITH TONS..TONS... AND EVEN MORE TONS OF PICS AND SPEC'S WITH ALOT MORE OPTIONS AVAIL..
          A couple of the Charvel guys I was talking too, kept trying to emphasize that, they(Charvel) knew they needed to get things back in order and that they were striving to make that happen, via Customer interaction and wait times.

It sounded very positive, I hope it does work out that way.
          Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
            - Are the new finishes (absynth green, agent orange, copperhead snakeskin, quicksilver, acapolco gold) available on all Jackson USA Select guitars, or only some? If the latter, which ones?
            Quicksilver, acapulco gold, and darby green were the three colors introduced in August. There were available on all USA selects. I don't know if DG is still an option. Hopefully the new colors will be for all selects as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RD
              WAN'T READY FOR NAMM.

I BELIEVE MAY IS THE NEW TARGET DATE.

BUT FROM WHAT I HEAR..... IT WILL BE TEH BEST JACKSON CATALOG EVER MADE WITH TONS..TONS... AND EVEN MORE TONS OF PICS AND SPEC'S WITH ALOT MORE OPTIONS AVAIL..
              Ain't that an endorsee talking..
              www.bodyfarmdeathmetal.com
              www.facebook.com/bodyfarmdeathmetal
              www.metalblade.com/bodyfarm

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                Ya know if you would've posted these questions BEFORE the show....

Here's the Charvel prices: http://www.charvelguitars.com/price_sheet.html
                How could I have asked questions about guitars / colors / options that none of us had seen yet before the show? Or do you have a time machine, Ron?

And, yes, I already know about the Charvel "NAMM customs" prices. That's not what I meant. I'm asking about new list prices for Charvel custom shop orders, and the Jackson USA line, too. Different things altogether.

Comment

Pat, I heard they got the message - the new prices are just a leg vs. both an arm and a leg.
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Pat, I heard they got the message - the new prices are just a leg vs. both an arm and a leg.
                    I heard that doesn't count if you're short. It's still an arm and a leg then.

Comment

that green V looks kickass - i love that color.
                      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                        that green V looks kickass - i love that color.
                        "Absinthe Frost".

- E.
                        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Working...
                        X