No announcement yet.

Namm 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome! Thanks for the pics. Love the Adrian Smith signature with 2 Minutes to Midnight!

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post

As always, I am eternally grateful that you share photos every year. I've said before that it is THEIR LOSS if they don't use Facebook even if just to register for a dummy account to see your photos. You do MORE THAN PLENTY to provide us with pics, which takes up your time and your bandwidth. YOU should not have to bend to the demands of others if it inconveniences you. People should be grateful you're even bothering to put in this much effort in the first place. You already give everybody a silver spoon (huge albums of photos)... what else do people want from you, for you to actually put the spoon in their mouths for them too?
      I am on FB and tried to join the jcf group a couple years ago, never heard back. Tried again just now, we'll see...…..
      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Here are a couple more albums of pix. Ibanez and ESP.

https://www.facebook.com/rudy.rouwey...=3&uploaded=38
        https://www.facebook.com/rudy.rouwey...1333218&type=3
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

As always, thank you roody! You covered all my favorite brands!

Comment

...And some more links, starting with our very own Sully!

https://www.facebook.com/rudy.rouwey...=3&uploaded=17

Fender: https://www.facebook.com/rudy.rouwey...1202399&type=3
            Gibson: https://www.facebook.com/rudy.rouwey...4536449&type=3
            Kramer: https://www.facebook.com/rudy.rouwey...4536950&type=3
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Those new Style 2 look amazing! The fixed bridge looks strangely familiar

Comment

Lots of nice stuff this year. Those baked bodies look awsome. Finally they're doing some multi-piece necks. The Winterstorm Cory Beaulieu and Rhoads are nice. Surprised to see 2 new Warriors. I'm all for white guitars, but I'm not crazy about the white flat non-beveled reversed-headstock Warrior. For X-Series (and USA for that matter), they've got to start doing matched headstocks already, c'mon. Black headstocks look so cheap. And if the JS Warriors are beveled so should the X and Pro Warriors.

The new Dave Davidson Pro Warrior looks fantastic, even though I'm not crazy about natural finishes, but at least this one is beveled again and much nicer than the weird flat ash-top version. I may have to get one of these, I have been wanting a 7 string Warrior but the US Davidson is just too pricey and the Pro distressed ash didn't look too good.

Seems like nearly all the Indonesian models are now mahogany body and set-through neck (with the exception of the natural X Warrior). For a while there they were doing a bunch of true neck-thrus. Any chance Jackson will drop the set-thru silliness...you know, as a cost-cutting measure?

Comment

Thanks again Roody, always great to see your photos.

Disappointed not to see any F-birds or Destroyers from Jackson this year.

Comment

Wow roody, you really came through! Thanks again!

So, no appearances or further discussion about the Charvel MJ Series (first discussed near the beginning of this thread). Most peculiar.

Comment

Is that Warrior fan fretted?
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Not sure how I missed this before, but one thing I just noticed is that there is now a Charvel So-Cal Style 2, which means Tele-style with pickguard. I don't believe this variant ever existed before. It makes sense to finally have one, considering there has been San Dimas Style 1 (Strat-style with no pickguard), San Dimas Style 2 (Tele-style with no pickguard), and So-Cal Style 1 (Strat-style with pickguard) since 2008.

https://charvel.com/gear/shape/so-cal/style-2?sort=new

I have mentioned before how I thought the Jackson Adrian Smith San Dimas was a peculiar name because "San Dimas" in the modern context typically meant "no pickguard", and his guitar should actually be called a "So-Cal" because it has a pickguard. People countered by saying it's a Jackson and might not follow the same rules that govern Charvel's nomenclature. Well for NAMM 2020, Jackson released a Misha Mansoor So-Cal, which has a pickguard, exactly what you'd expect from the name "So-Cal". Jackson released a Gus G San Dimas, which has no pickguard, exactly what you'd expect from the name "San Dimas". The only Adrian Smith guitar to follow that rule is the San Dimas with the "2 Minutes to Midnight" graphic, which has no pickguard, also released at NAMM 2020.

If I had any authority at Jackson, I'd "retcon" the pickguard-equipped Adrian models to have the name So-Cal, but we know even incorrect names are difficult to change in the guitar realm once they've stuck. For example, Leo Fender's "tremolo bridge" name stuck, instead of the more technically correct "vibrato bridge".

Comment

I am loving that Charvel So-Cal Style 2 in natural Ash. Haven't bought a Charvel since 2008 but that is pulling all the strings, nice to see something a bit different.

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                            Don't know if it is too early but I'll be at NAMM 2020. It's like a dream come true for me. Going back to my teenage years in the 80s and discovering about the trade show in Guitar World and GFTPM.

So I bet our friend sully will be there.

So just an early "roll-call" to see who will be there. ;-)
                            Indeed I was!
                            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                            Sully Guitars on Facebook
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post

Indeed I was!
                              I know, I shook your hand!
                              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
                              X