Namm 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Namm 2020

Don't know if it is too early but I'll be at NAMM 2020. It's like a dream come true for me. Going back to my teenage years in the 80s and discovering about the trade show in Guitar World and GFTPM.

So I bet our friend sully will be there.

So just an early "roll-call" to see who will be there. ;-)
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

There looks to0 be a new line of Charvel's that are made in japan around the $2k pricepoint. Someone posted something on the facebook group.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
      There looks to0 be a new line of Charvel's that are made in japan around the $2k pricepoint. Someone posted something on the facebook group.
      Do you have a weblink?

Comment

I can’t find the original link, but here’s one if the new guitars. Its listed in reverb of all places.
        Charvel MJ Dinky™ DK24 HSH 2PT E MAH 【Made In Japan】NEW PRODUCT!!
        https://reverb.com/item/30199679-cha...ntent=30199679

Comment

Thank you! Interesting specimen. I wish the seller showed a closeup of the serial number on the back of the headstock, since I am mostly curious about the serial number format. But from far away I can squint and see that it does say "Made in Japan" below the serial number on the back of the headstock, and the serial number likely starts with a J.

After some digging around, a different seller has this one listed: https://www.digimart.net/cat1/shop5050/DS05791360/

As seen below, its serial number is JDC1900220, which I surmise would mean J for Japan, D might possibly be the first letter of the Japanese factory, C for Charvel, 19 = 2019. Notice it has Gotoh locking tuners.

Here is the official page on the Charvel Japan website: http://www.charvel.jp/mj/mj_dinky_dk...2pt_e_mah.html

Looks like the new series is called MJ Series. This guitar seems to be the only variant offered in the series so far. The back of the headstock doesn't show country of origin or serial number. Notice it has Charvel locking tuners:

Compare it to a normal DK24 found on the Charvel official website with MC serial number format and "Crafted in Mexico". Notice it has Charvel locking tuners.

Comment

can we get imported ebony into the US from Japan?

Comment

the neck is made of wenge
              i just googled what wenge wood is - https://www.wood-database.com/wenge/

it doesn't sand well. it splinters, and causes infections. the more you touch it, the more chances of becoming allergic.

Comment

go to charvel japan site click on the MJ series you will see San Dimas and SoCal s listed 24 fret necks and gotoh 1996 locking tremolos

Comment

Most of my experience seeing wenge as a neck wood has been with Ibanez necks which typically have wenge as part of a multi-ply neck (example: maple-wenge-maple-wenge-maple 5-ply neck) but I am unsure if any Ibanez owners have complained of allergies (so far, knock on wood).

I never actually knew the Charvel Japan website existed until this thread. Here is the MJ Series. http://www.charvel.jp/mj/

Comment

I can't say that I much cared about wood - ever.
                    But with all of the Orwellian rules, since we were looking at foreign made guitars advertised in a foreign country... I searched wenge and that site came up.

Comment

That DK24 HSH looks great, I just wish they made a black with black hardware, not necessarily to be "metal" but more to be neutral. I've become a little crazy about that, I feel any guitar or bass that's not black with black hardware has a personality like red is aggressive, blue is mellow, sunburst is old etc., and you want a guitar to be neutral so you could play aggressive or mellow, etc.

Comment

I think the new MIJ line looks great, but the price point is too high for me to consider them. I'd rather go with a used USA model.

Comment

I will be there with camera in hand. Its been a tradition since 2003
                          I will post pix, especially of the Jackson/Charvel stuff.
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                            I will be there with camera in hand. Its been a tradition since 2003
                            I will post pix, especially of the Jackson/Charvel stuff.
                            Always look forward to your pics, Rudy! Thanks.

Comment

Will do some pics too. roodyrocker where do you post yours? Google? Facebook?

For who ever interested, my Katana amps Facebook group is doing a get together on Saturday morning at 10am, join us at the Boss/Roland booth if ever you want to shake hands.
                              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
                              X