No announcement yet.

any namm news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I understand it, it was custom wound for him and now they're putting it on these guitars - there were rumours of a sig pickup for him, but it seems odd to pick a mini hum that he's barely used before as a sig model. Guess it's a 'mini Super 3' or something?
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
      As I understand it, it was custom wound for him and now they're putting it on these guitars - there were rumours of a sig pickup for him, but it seems odd to pick a mini hum that he's barely used before as a sig model. Guess it's a 'mini Super 3' or something?
      I would think it's something totally different than a Super 3, since the Fast Track 2 is already supposed to be that in single coil format. https://www.dimarzio.com/pickups/hum...t/fast-track-2
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

*Want*

https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/...d24/2910237503
        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

shit!
          https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/...-pd/2916063533

ok, well when are these available and how much will they actually cost (instead of MSRP?) both of those, I'm buying both.

Damn you Jackson, damn you to heck!

Comment

Nope, the Concorde CD24 and CDX22 are not for me. Upper fret access is horrible. There's a reason Randy had it changed.

I do like the Phil Demmel Fury, though. Seems Jackson is calling that shape Annihilator in their specs now instead of the X-Stroyer.

Comment

Let's see, what's another word for "Destroyer"? Oh yeah! "Annihilator".

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                  Unremarkable - it's a flat-top 2 hum kelly.
                  ...with a Korean 1000 Series Floyd Rose (specifically the 1500 model): https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/...KZQunLHuMmru4I

Rather silly that the first time I've seen a 1000 Series Floyd on a USA Jackson is for a high-profile American endorsee whose guitar is priced on the website at an astonishing $6666.66 For that price I'd expect a titanium OFR or something!

(Disclaimer: I have nothing against the 1000 Series Floyds; they even came on the 2008-09 USA Charvel Production Models but those were $1000 guitars, not >$6000!)

Comment

It's very weird they're using the cheaper Floyd. Though, it appears to have titanium? nut screws as well as saddle screws and string locking bolts.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      Nope, the Concorde CD24 and CDX22 are not for me. Upper fret access is horrible. There's a reason Randy had it changed.

I do like the Phil Demmel Fury, though. Seems Jackson is calling that shape Annihilator in their specs now instead of the X-Stroyer.
                      I must have freakishly long fingers because I have no issue at all with the fret access on my real Concorde.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                        ...with a Korean 1000 Series Floyd Rose (specifically the 1500 model): https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/...KZQunLHuMmru4I

Rather silly that the first time I've seen a 1000 Series Floyd on a USA Jackson is for a high-profile American endorsee whose guitar is priced on the website at an astonishing $6666.66 For that price I'd expect a titanium OFR or something!

(Disclaimer: I have nothing against the 1000 Series Floyds; they even came on the 2008-09 USA Charvel Production Models but those were $1000 guitars, not >$6000!)

For that price I'd expect a Custom shop to my exact specs built by Shannon. Christ that over priced. And why do they have to print Ebony board on there? I mean for fuck sakes, that should be a given.

Comment

Just one new Warrior. Its 6 grand+, a DD signature Warrior that looks like another wardrobe. Do Jackson actually visit this forum?
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

4 takeaways for me.

1. Love the new PC, but overpriced. Pass sadly. But I hope Dimarzio makes that pickup the Phil sig he talked about.

2. Green Satchel? Two word: Done. Deal.

3. Very happy to see the X-Stroyer as a production model. They can call it what they want. Definitely want, especially if they do black with binding.

4. Those crackles are hot! I owned an SLX before my Shred. NO shame taking the stage with one of those.

SO happy to see Jackson coming out with all these models and taking chances. I’m excited for the brand!!

Comment

I want that Black Explorer they have at NAMM or have one made. Does anyone know which store got it? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                                Just one new Warrior. Its 6 grand+, a DD signature Warrior that looks like another wardrobe. Do Jackson actually visit this forum?
                                No. I suppose I did forget the DD sig when saying there weren't any Warriors. However, it does seem strange to me to have an artist with a signature model, and not have anything affordable from it. It will probably get discontinued shortly saying no one bought it and the warrior shape is dead.

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                                I want that Black Explorer they have at NAMM or have one made. Does anyone know which store got it? Thank you.

Didn't check, but I could probably find out. We left before they drew the Charvel/Jackson stuff unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                                X