Namm 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
    In the bottom photo, that middle guitar (orange body with the white pickguard) might be a Spectrum. I don't think they've made that body style for a number of years.

While most of the headstocks in the first photo seem to correspond with the bodies seen in the second photo, I don't believe the headstock seen above the Spectrum body is for the Spectrum.
    The necks don't all match up to the bodies in the 2 pics. Look all the way to the left in the top pic. Looks like the orange (spectrum?) has a painted neck, white binding and rosewood board and dots.

Comment

Spectrum was a Charvel =) Now that i have analyzed the photos i think they changed the places of the first and seventh guitars from the left.

Are those some new production line guitars since there is only 1 made in usa in there? Also is that a Chris Brodericks sig on the one to the right?
      Last edited by ed; 01-09-2018, 01:56 PM.

Comment

https://twitter.com/CharvelGuitars/s...05381449682945

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
          The necks don't all match up to the bodies in the 2 pics. Look all the way to the left in the top pic. Looks like the orange (spectrum?) has a painted neck, white binding and rosewood board and dots.
          Good eye! The 3x3 solar quilt headstock in the middle of the first photo probably matches with the solar quilt Monarkh body on the very left of the second photo.

They're just trying to keep us on our toes by shuffling the order of some of the guitars.
          Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 01-10-2018, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Is that chlorine the only USA guitar there?

I suspect that Angel Vivaldi guy will be getting a Charvel sig, so is that what the white one is on the Charvel twitter link?
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
              Looks like it unfortunately. :dunno:

Comment

The orange one, may be a Student model Soloist ala Jeff Beck, Look at the very first headstock on the left. The color looks orange to me, and dot inlays. He had two Soloist, the pink one and the Orange, that had the funky pickguarrd, that IMC used on the Charvel imports around 89 IIRC

Comment

I think the headstock pic of that looks pink, but it could be lighting / angle I guess..
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Actually, he had three Soloists. There was a white one, too. See the Rod Stewart Infatuation video.

https://youtu.be/nH_xiZZheg4

Comment

That chlorine might be a 7-string. Look at the arrangement of the tuners compared to the 6-string solar Monarkh headstock. I wonder if it's a 7-string Mansoor with a roasted maple neck/fretboard.

Comment

That chlorine might be a 7-string. Look at the arrangement of the tuners compared to the 6-string solar Monarkh headstock. I wonder if it's a 7-string Mansoor with a roasted maple neck/fretboard.
                        Yeah, that's exactly what it is. They redid his line with roasted maple necks/boards, satin finishes, flame instead of quilt, and some new colors. I think the changes suck personally - IMO the solid colors look they picked look terrible with the roasted maple. They also got rid of the neck binding and changed the inlays to dots too.

Also, regarding 7 strings, there is going to be a Pro Model of that Dave Davidson signature Warrior - some overseas site posted all this stuff early. There is also going to be Pro Model hardtail Brodericks that same site had up. I think they took everything down now though.

Comment

Definitely a 7 string. You can see all 7 strings on the fretboard. The white w/black binding and the black w/white binding are Mick Thomson production runs. I'm hoping for USA models. Been wanting the limited but $5k is too steep for it.
                          Heath

Comment

P.S. Hard to tell from the pic, but that orange looks neon to my eye. JB's was not, though. More likely an "inspired by" approach.

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post

I suspect that Angel Vivaldi guy will be getting a Charvel sig, so is that what the white one is on the Charvel twitter link?
                              That was my thought as well.

Comment

This is all we have for the Jackson line-up for now? Full catalogs are on-line for a lot of others............
                                Last edited by 777; 01-12-2018, 08:12 PM.
                                "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Working...
                                X