Namm 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Namm 2018

Anybody got any news, rumors etc regarding Jackson and NAMM 2018?

It's a little late in the year but someone will come along and say Fender is killing the Jackson and Charvel lines.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BK View Post
      Anybody got any news, rumors etc regarding Jackson and NAMM 2018?
      Fender is killing the Jackson and Charvel lines.
      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Possible Charvel news, Steel Panther played in Cleveland this week and Satchel made a comment about a signature model Charvel that is coming out in 2018. So maybe we'll see something at NAMM for a Satchel model Charvel. But Satchel also joked around about being able to buy a pair of his spandex pants so you can never really tell when to take those guys serious.

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
          Fender is killing the Jackson and Charvel lines.
          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

All the custom jacksons will be in a back room that nobody will ever see or touch.

Comment

Fender is not only killing off the Jackson and Charvel lines, but they are reviving the Charvette line.

Comment

... all with elephant faces painted on Les Paul style bodies, made from plywood
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Venomboy View Post
                  All the custom jacksons will be in a back room that nobody will ever see or touch.
                  Yeah, I had that confirmed - the CS guitars will just be shown at the pre-show dealer event, and then taken away. I understand they don't want them damaged, but it just seems crazy to take all that time to build 20 CS guitars, which then don't get shown to 'promote' the brand, and don't even have an actual buyer. Just put them behind a rope or something and get some promotional value out of them..
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                    Yeah, I had that confirmed - the CS guitars will just be shown at the pre-show dealer event, and then taken away. I understand they don't want them damaged, but it just seems crazy to take all that time to build 20 CS guitars, which then don't get shown to 'promote' the brand, and don't even have an actual buyer. Just put them behind a rope or something and get some promotional value out of them..
                    I remember them putting all the CS Jacksons behind ropes at the 2010 Namm show, when they had the "Bloodline". I wanna see that Warrior Bass again.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                      Then the dealers "bid" on them lol

Comment

So they spend all that time building these custom namm guitars that they won't let anyone see or play. Then auction them off to dealers that sell them at ridiculous prices most people can't afford. All the while the build log for customers that have already paid for their instruments is about 18 months long.... Yeah, doesn't make sense to me. At least put them out to be viewed! I'd wager that a lot of their custom shop business is based on ideas from namm guitars that customers saw. Plus it has always been one of the highlights of my year seeing pics of those namm guitars!

Comment

Jackson will have a Custom Shop Sig Rhoads V on display, very limited production, and very expensive.

Comment

Can't believe you guys missed this from Jackson's Twitter feed:

Last edited by dmoney666; 01-09-2018, 09:38 AM.

Comment

In the bottom photo, that middle guitar (orange body with the white pickguard) might be a Spectrum. I don't think they've made that body style for a number of years.

While most of the headstocks in the first photo seem to correspond with the bodies seen in the second photo, I don't believe the headstock seen above the Spectrum body is for the Spectrum.

Comment

Working...
                              X