Pic Request.....1990 NAMM Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pic Request.....1990 NAMM Show

May be a reach....but does anyone have any pix of the Jackson booth at the 1990 Show? I "may" have a guitar that was displayed there.

Thanks!
    "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

I was there, but I think that was before camera's

Comment

Didn't they have Polaroids then? Or were they just used in the bedroom?
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Maybe you can find an archeologists with some cave drawing from back then. In all honesty you may have to see if you can find anyone from Jackson back then on twitter or facebook and DM them. As old as some of us are, I have a feeling you're going to be hard pressed to find anyone around now days who would have been taking photos back then.
        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Thanks guys....at least the answers so far are entertaining LOL!

Comment

Post a picture......that might jar some memories here....
            Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

The original owner - who I bought the guitar from - ordered this at NAMM 89 and received it in May 89. He knew Grover and others at Jackson, and was asked if the guitar could be displayed at NAMM 90. So the story goes......

a Full front.jpg

Comment

Can't specifically remember that one. Nice axe, I could see it being a NAMM guitar.

Comment

Absolutely a beautiful guitar. Fits the mold for the NAMM stuff back then, but like Don said I can't remember that one specifically.
                  Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Grover had left Jackson by 1989, so...
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                      Grover had left Jackson by 1989, so...
                      Good point......

Comment

FWIW and to clarify, went back and checked my notes. The original owner knew Grover - period end of sentence. It was "others at Jackson" who were there when the guitar was built in 89 that contacted the original owner about displaying at NAMM 90. NAMM or no NAMM, no big deal, no value added IMHO. Just thought a vintage pic would be interesting.....

Comment

Working...
                        X