Jackson NAMM 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson NAMM 2015

Anybody was there? Can someone tell me what model is the "burst" Dinky in the top right corner? An import or USA model? Looks nice!!!

BTW, lostsa very nice guitars on the photos of the booth they posted on their FB page!
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

No idea of the model, but pretty sure that's an import..
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I saw that Jackson produced an actual Double Rhoads "Big Red" clone to show off at NAMM. Also, some nice round horn V's too. Does this mean Firebirds are an option again?

Comment

Upper right is an import. No crazy customs shown to the public, which was super lame. The imports were really nice too. As much as a despise Periphery, the signature guitars were nice.

Comment

Charvel wasn't very exciting. No graphics or customs. And no Desolations.
          I wonder if that's discontinued already. Didn't see McG aka Bionic there.
          Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
          www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

It is beyond cool that Jackson are doing roundhorns again; really hope Firebirds become an option again as well. Also, I love the Misha sigs; Silverburst and Tiger Eye are neck and neck.

Comment

FMIC recently cleaned house many of the old guard are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
                FMIC recently cleaned house many of the old guard are gone.
                Sometimes that brings new life and clear direction to brand.

Its all about corporate culture these days. If you don't assimilate, you are the stumbling stone to the bosses at top.

I hope in this case it is a good thing.

Here is to hoping.

I also noticed that the dinkies are back to having the bevel on the lower cutaway only. Great move, since I felt it was going a bit to far on updating that body across the line.

The Burst you see is a Soloist Pro SL2MAH. The MAH has always meant mahogany to me. But It keeps reading as Alder. I believe the data monkey cut and paste from a stock SL2 Pro and did not update the wood.

This will have to be corrected in the specifications when it hits the Jackson website.
                Hope I gave you some of the info you wanted.
                An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
                A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

I love the new DK2RMG-M in white... it's the return of the Dinky Reverse, (or DXMG) with maple board!

http://magazine.dv247.com/2015/01/22...-at-namm-2015/
                  Last edited by agresivo; 01-28-2015, 03:16 AM.

Comment

I had trouble logging into JCFOnline till today. Even tried from different computer and cell phone, no dice. Anyway, McD (Bionic) was at the show but not with Charvel anymore. McD is with Fender Squire now. Ran into him briefly on his way to the Jackson booth. I shot pix of the customs from Jackson and Charvel thanks to John Romanowski from Jackson who took me to the private area on Thursday morning to do so for JCF. I will post the link to them later as they are on Facebook. A big thank you to John for doing so for us! I told him the two Roundhorns would probably generate a lot of excitement here. They are still not taking orders for Roundhorns though. These two are going to Europe I was told.
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

thats a new finish for the sl2 pro

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                        I had trouble logging into JCFOnline till today. Even tried from different computer and cell phone, no dice. Anyway, McD (Bionic) was at the show but not with Charvel anymore. McD is with Fender Squire now. Ran into him briefly on his way to the Jackson booth. I shot pix of the customs from Jackson and Charvel thanks to John Romanowski from Jackson who took me to the private area on Thursday morning to do so for JCF. I will post the link to them later as they are on Facebook. A big thank you to John for doing so for us! I told him the two Roundhorns would probably generate a lot of excitement here. They are still not taking orders for Roundhorns though. These two are going to Europe I was told.
                        Really? because I was confirmed by the dealer. The roundhorn can be ordered now. I actually have already sent spec for price quote

Comment

Hmmm. I was told roundhorn Vs were open to order, too. Masterbuilt only, though. I'll be sending in specs for a quote soon. We'll see.

Comment

Yeah, my dealer told me that those 'tweaked' roundhorns are available to order.

McD isn't with Squier - he doesn't work in the music industry at all right now.
                            Popular is not the same as good
                            Rare is not the same as valuable
                            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Yeah McD (formerly with Jackson) and Bionic (Charvel - formerly?) are two different people, actually.

Comment

Working...
                              X