No announcement yet.

My NAMM Coverage Starts Tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Supreme isn't something I'm all that into. But the finish on the one on display was nice. It had a bit of metallic sparkle in it that wasn't evident if you looked from too far away or depending on the lighting. Jackson's booth has always been dimly lit so its not always the easiest to see.
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

did they bring any more galactic clown puke models?
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
        Although Gibson had a lot on display, unfortunately they hid away all the cool custom shop, historic, and reissue stuff I was rather disappointed in their setup this year.
        All the Custom shop stuff was bought by GC with in an hour of display. All of it. At GC's request, they shut it down, viewing of.
        >^v^<

Comment

Originally posted by murkat View Post
          All the Custom shop stuff was bought by GC with in an hour of display. All of it. At GC's request, they shut it down, viewing of.
          I didn't hear that but assuming it's true, other dealers got to see it. In addition, the display was not set up in the same room as the other Gibson/Epiphone stuff. The fact that they had it at another separate location tells me Gibson intended to have as a closed event no matter who bought all of it. Also, some of the stuff in there was supposedly the prototypes, not the actual production model. Guitars like the Paul Kossoff sig, a new Billy Gibbons, and Kirk Hammett's Explorer. So what did GC buy? Prototypes?
          The Gibson thing remains the low point of the NAMM show for me!
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Sounds like a low point for Gibson, not just NAMM.
            In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
              Also, some of the stuff in there was supposedly the prototypes, not the actual production model. Guitars like the Paul Kossoff sig, a new Billy Gibbons, and Kirk Hammett's Explorer. So what did GC buy? Prototypes?
              The Gibson thing remains the low point of the NAMM show for me!
              I know they just did a sig V for Kirk, but what's the deal with the Explorer?
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Not True.
                http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
                  Not True.
                  And you are probably correct.
                  second hand info for me,
                  I was not there.
                  I was told by my friend, ex supervisor at the GCS.
                  >^v^<

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    I know they just did a sig V for Kirk, but what's the deal with the Explorer?
                    Sorry, I meant Flying V not Explorer. They're doing a sig model of his 79 V. At least that's the year I think it is.
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                    X