Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So which dealers got which NAMM guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So which dealers got which NAMM guitars?

? Anyone...?

Not sure about Jacksons but Charvel has it listed on their site. http://www.charvel.com/custombuilt.html

Comment

Look at any of the NAMM pic threads - all the guys that got Jacksons had their names on paper under the strings for the duration of the show...
      Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

I know this thread is old but anyway... I haven't been looking at guitars to buy in a while and happened across this beast!!!! If it wasn't for all the cavities in the back of this I'd be all over it like a fly on shit!!! Gotta get one of these, always loved the BC Rich Ironbird but this thing is the cats nightwear.

http://www.fullersguitar.com/shop?pa...category_id=68

Comment

Is that a 90s logo??? 90s logos were a bit smaller, no? Or were they only smaller on marty and dave sig guitars?

Comment

Originally posted by mjkv1 View Post
            Is that a 90s logo??? 90s logos were a bit smaller, no? Or were they only smaller on marty and dave sig guitars?
            Unfortunately, yes. That is considered a 90's logo as they switched to that version of the logo in the mid 90's.

Marty and Daves signature models had that logo at 80% size. I would assume they were downsized to make room for their signatures on the head.

It's too bad they don't have distinctive names for all the logos they offer. Personally, I can't stand that logo. It looks like it was drawn/cut by a 4 year old with parkinson's disease.

Comment

I specd a 90s logo on a cs guitar, I hope I dont end up with that monstrosity!!! I did supply pics of what logo I wanted, fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by mjkv1 View Post
                I specd a 90s logo on a cs guitar, I hope I dont end up with that monstrosity!!! I did supply pics of what logo I wanted, fingers crossed.
                Yeah, I went through the same thing. Specced 90's logo, send photographs to confirm. Checked and double-checked a month before the headstock was to be logo'd and still wound up with that hideous one. Thankfully they corrected the problem. Though tacked on an additional 8 weeks to the build time.

Comment

Huh? You mean the Jackson script on the headstock right?

I have that exact MoP script on my 90 Decco RR (without the CS script).

Or are you referring to the CS script?

Comment

Originally posted by bratfink View Post
                    Huh? You mean the Jackson script on the headstock right?

I have that exact MoP script on my 90 Decco RR (without the CS script).

Or are you referring to the CS script?
                    The mop logo in 1990 was different than it is today. Yours should look like this:

That's a pic of a 1990 soloist (not mine. So don't flame me for the stupid tuning heads).

The logo they've been using since the mid 90's looks like this:

It's personal preference of course, and nit-picky to a certain degree, but I prefer the older one to the newer one. It just looks a lot cleaner and uniform.

Comment

Hmm, I'm going to take a re-look at mine now, I feel it looks sloppy compared to my decal logo'd 89. But now I see the late one is even sloppier, makes me wonder if my headstock has been refinished or if the memory of it is worse than reality.

Comment

Yeah, of all the logos I prefer the old decals. The "spaghetti" style ones.

Comment

Memory was worse than reality, I have the 'early' MoP on my 90. I never noticed that difference before!

Comment

Working...
                          X