No announcement yet.

Rhoads Relic Introduced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nick Bowcott works for FMIC now? Cool. I know he worked for Marshall for awhile.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Does anyone know what changes Randy made to the guitar after he got it? Sully mentioned the file marks on the nut. Is that the original nut or did Randy have it changed? I would think Jackson would have sent it out with the nut smoothed out.

Comment

I have never seen a V-trem with only 2 screw holes... Is that how they were back then? I know lots of guys (myself included) would take the middle 4 screws out of the Fender 6-screw tremolos so they'd stay in tune better but I've never seen one like that.

Comment

Looks normal to me here:

Comment

I noticed that before on one of the short wing runs that was done. The only screws holding the trem on are the outer two. How ever it is drilled for all six. Does anyone know how that helps the thing to stay in tune?

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
              Looks normal to me here:

Shit... Either the reflection in one of the photos or the video made it look like there were no holes, or I must have imagined it. :think:

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                I believe that's Nick Bowcott. He's a great player & was the guitarist for Grim Reaper, went on to write for GW, and now works for FMIC. He was very close to Dime, and wrote a really nice tribute in GW. IIRC, I read that he was working on a biography at one point.
                Yep, that's Nick.

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                Nick Bowcott works for FMIC now? Cool. I know he worked for Marshall for awhile.
                Yep, Nick took over FMIC after John Walker went back to Fender.

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
                I noticed that before on one of the short wing runs that was done. The only screws holding the trem on are the outer two. How ever it is drilled for all six. Does anyone know how that helps the thing to stay in tune?
                It's a case of two points being better than six, from a movement standpoint. It was originally drilled properly, but after Doug Chandler worked on Randy's guitars, the trems were adjusted so that they were two screws holding them in.

Sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                  Yep, Nick took over FMIC after John Walker went back to Fender.
                  Gotcha. So, his title is Marketing Manager or something like that?
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Shreddy View Post
                    Oh whoa... that is actually very interesting. For a guitar with a story like that, even a clone, the pricing seems very reasonable and the date connected to it is almost sentimental in it's own right, and to have his siblings present it is so moving. Jackson really hit it home this year.
                    Who are his sibs/family members (in the pics)?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Spencer View Post
                      Who are his sibs/family members (in the pics)?
                      Cathy Rhoads is his sister, Kelle Rhoads is his brother, and Kelli Garni is Randy's childhood friend and original bassist in Quiet Riot. Very nice people and I'm glad I had the chance to meet them at NAMM by the Rhoads relic.
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

stupidest idea I've ever seen put into creation.

it looks like crap, the price-gouging means it costs as much as a car (are they serious?), and it's NOT Randy's guitar.

give me a freekin break.

what really blows me away is all the folks here drooling over this joke.
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I know I'm late to this party... BUT this is the sweetest thing since sliced bread! It's so cool to see all the little details that make it so unique!

It's a fact that these are priced so outrageously high, that unless your super wealthy forget about owning one... and most of this relic stuff is geared for the baby boomers that have the coin, the kind of guys that don't even play but show it off to their friends, etc.... and the high end Japanese collectors! For the rest of us simple folk... I'll just enjoy the story

But I love guitars and my guitar Heros... so I dig learning new things about my favorites and this opened up a whole can of new things that people had no idea about... the blue color, the tape story, the actual shape, which was always wrong on the tributes before it. Just the fact that Chip Ellis and Mike Shannon actually took blueprints and now the Concorde shape is right... is very exciting in my book! Crazy how these details once brought up are so evident... I now notice that blue shade in photos and the shape of all the tributes before it are so 'off'... you can see the cut has a sharp middle, where as this one has the 'c' shape that is dead on perfect! I really didn't notice these details until now...

Hate it or not... buy it or just appreciate some fun facts, I'm excited when Jackson does this type of project. Gibson has been pimping out relic sigs forever now... why not let Jackson cash in too! This was a prototype originally (which we all know evolved), but the history alone makes it the 'grail' of Jackson's for sure!

H

www.howardsstudios.com

Comment

Working...
                          X