Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any new Jackson/Charvel models for Winter NAMM 2010?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any new Jackson/Charvel models for Winter NAMM 2010?

I seemingly do this exact same thread every year. Hope we will see some new innovation. Any whispers or clues as to what to expect? I sound like a broken record here, but will we finally start seeing a broader release of models using maple fretboards? The DK2M continues to be a big seller and the RR24 is bringing in Jackson/Fender some serious cash. Perhaps we see a few Maple boarded options in 2010?

EDIT: Will this be the year for maple boards and reversed headstocks?
    Last edited by Jackson-Charvel; 12-13-2010, 02:11 AM.

Actually even if there are no new models I wouldn't be upset, but I think most people want more options. When I am saying more options, I am specifically referring to more Maple fretboards offered. Is it going to happen or is this another year of wishful thinking?

Comment

More models would be wishful thinking indeed. I, for one, hope for more options. Especially more fixed bridges instead of trems (as an option). More maple boards would be nice too with black binding and inlays. But one thing I've been wanting is a string-thru higher end KV. Other things include more matching headstocks, and more color options etc. I could go on and on.

Comment

I say bring back the Swee-Tone series!!!
        '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
        '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
        '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
        '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
        '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
        '13 Gibson M-III
        Taylor 214CE
        Dean 6-string Bass
        Morgan Ukulele

Comment

Of course, more of everything would be nice!

Comment

I'd be very interested to see if they do any special 30th anny USA Jackson models. It'd be very cool to see some cool 80s reissues, like they did with the 25ths. ...Maybe with more realistic pricing in the current environment, though. ex. Soloists with 3 piece necks, non-recessed Floyds and old school logos, etc, anyone?

Or, even better, wouldn't it be cool if the FMIC legal dept got a clue (...Gibby's building Hendrix strat bodies, for cripesakes!) and they did some 30th Anny special versions of classic 80s previously "verboten" body styles? Rounhorn V, Explorer, or Firebird, anyone? I'd be in for a V.

...Alas, a guy can dream, can't he?

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
              or Firebird, anyone?
              Already been discussed, and this is coming.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well, once they're readily available, they should fly off the shelves based on the amount of clamour on this site. The admins might need to add a "Jackson Firebird Forum" in order to handle all the "NGD" posts... or I guess that will be "NFD" posts.

Can't wait to see them all.
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

Custom Shop only though.

Comment

Well, then all the Firebird Fanatics that have been crying for the past, what 5 years or so, will be happy that they've saved up all their pennies for this day and will place their order right away.
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

That's kind of my point. The order numbers for the Gibby-like body styles will never be big. (...And they never were when allowed in the past, either.) But that doesn't mean they aren't worth doing. (I mean, geesh, you can still get a Roswell Rhoads done, but how many of those have been done? ) It'd be cool to see the old school Gibby-like bodies offered as a "30th anny special" move for custom shop orders and/or a limited run.

And, yes Ron, I do recall the Firebird discussions. But there was never an "official" announcement that they were going to happen. Don't count your chicken-birds...

Comment

Yeah, but, yeah but, Yeah but, I heard it straight from a top guy at Jackson...

Comment

How many times have we heard that before around here?

And, oh yeah, I recently had an original custom shop design idea of my own denied because of the Gibby body shape policy. Not sure what that may mean (if anything) for the Firebird's chances. But no one ever said FMIC's lawyers are logical, though.
                          Last edited by shreddermon; 12-15-2009, 10:34 AM.

Comment

How recent?

Comment

Just a couple of months ago or so. Well after the Firebird discussions happened.

Comment

Working...
                              X