Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

24.75 Scale Jacksons/Ideas For A New Model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 24.75 Scale Jacksons/Ideas For A New Model?

24.75" Scale
    24 Frets
    Full-sized Strat body (as opposed to the 'Dinky' body)
    Original Floyd Rose
    Thicker neck (no 'speed' neck)
    Two hums with kill switch
    Pointy headstock (normal or reverse)
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

24.75" scale WARRIOR just like the originals! Throw the slanted fretboard end on it also, string-thru, 1 hum (straight) at the bridge and 1 SC at the neck slanted, and 1V/3way/1T knobs not in the way!
      THAT would be KILLER!

- Joel
      RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
      RIP Dime

Comment

I have seen a lot of interest in 24.75 scale Jacksons lately, I noticed in the ask jackson section, the jackson rep acknowledged this and I got the impression that Jackson is aware of the desire for some short scale guitars, maybe if we keep asking, they might do it. I agree they should make them with the traditional pointy, a soloist style with a string thru body would be great.
        I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          .... maybe if we keep asking, they might do it. ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think, like all USA Select models, it will come more from people buying more shortscale instruments from the CS... We may be the largest single community, but we´re still a piddly number of people in comparison, most of which don´t buy guitars anywhere near as often as they´d like.. AND we´re also just an internet forum [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Proof of point: If a third of the people who had originally said "I want to buy your CD when it comes out" had actually followed through and purchased one, the album would have been released last month and I wouldn´t be eating ramen all day [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Now, would that be 1 11/16" nut or 1 5/8"? The Fusions and Warriors were 1 11/16", but the smaller scale made them "feel" like they were more narrow. I'm happy either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

1 3/4"! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

A larger body would also be cool. Keep the Soloist *shape* but make it full-sized (or even oversized), instead of 7/8.

Comment

I really like the SLS it's too bad it didn't work out. One of these days I'll have to pick up another one for a spare. It never entered my head that people didn't like it because of the small body, that's one of the major selling points to me, and the neck through, and the wood choices, and the inline head stock, and the string through, and the weight, and the bridge, and the [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] I should stop now. It really is the first guitar I've been completely happy with though.

I see a lot of people in this thread wanting a full size body with the short scale guitar and I greatly prefer the smaller body. I was a big fan of the tom on my fixed guitars but I really like the one on the sls, it's a lot more adjustable and more comfortable to rest your hand on.

My first choice is the sls so maybe making it with 24 frets, different headstock, and a thicker body would increase it's popularity? My floyd guitar is a fusion and I like it quite a bit. It seems more popular then the sls so maybe make a full line of fusions with maybe h, h/h, h/s/s pickup choices, floyd or fixed, bolt on and neck through (or shaped set) but keep the small body [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I would like to see the neck a little thicker as well, maybe halfway between the sls and the fusions.

Comment

1 11/16 or 1 3/4 is fine with me, I can`t stand 1 5/8 nuts. I could live with 22 or 24 frets. See, I am trying to get a somewhat LP feel going, but have that badass Jackson look. So, with that being said, my choice would still be the SL2H Mahogany as the base. The newer Soloists necks are nice and thick compared to the early 90`s model or speed necks. Great ideas guys. Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  24.75" scale WARRIOR just like the originals! Throw the slanted fretboard end on it also, string-thru, 1 hum (straight) at the bridge and 1 SC at the neck slanted, and 1V/3way/1T knobs not in the way!
                  THAT would be KILLER!

- Joel

[/ QUOTE ]

amen brother Joel [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

MOSH ON
                  DAVE
                  "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Working...
                  X