Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

24.75 Scale Jacksons/Ideas For A New Model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24.75 Scale Jacksons/Ideas For A New Model?

There have been questions to John at Jackson about bringing out a 24.75 scale select series Jackson, and he mentioned they were looking into it. Yes, the SLS failed, but I think it more to do with the headstock and slim body style, I know that is what kept me from getting one. I would like to hear form all of you what you would pick as a Select Series 24.75 scale Jackson? I know the KV2T is 24.75 scale, but what else would you reccoment? My choice would be something similar to what is already out there, the SL2H Mahogany. Take that guitar, change the scale to 24.75 scale, 22 frets, string thru/tunamatic and use a set neck(preferably) or even keep the neck thru, that`s cool. To me, I would rather buy one of these than a Les Paul. Whatcha think? Jackson does listen. Jack.

Re: 24.75 Scale Jacksons

dude, just bring back the Fusions. But with a choice of H-S-S or H-H. I'd love a 'genuine' two hum Fusion. I know I've already got one, but it didn't leave Jackson that way [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Ya, I am a bigger set neck and neck thru guy, but the Fusions were cool, but I would want a bigger rounder neck on it, the old ones were way to skinny for me. I would preferably like a 1 hum version, but for a select series, a 2 hum would do fine and no weird mid boosts or anything, just a 3 way toggle.Oh, and all mahogany, but for a bolt on, just a mahogany body would be fine with the maple neck. Jack.

Comment

I think a one H or H-S Fusion would be the shit! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: 24.75 Scale Jacksons/Ideas For A New Model?

Just for clarification, the only thing I know about the 24.75 scale versus the 25.5 scale is that the 24.75 is obviously shorter...meaning the frets aren't as widely spaced. Is that correct? Is there some other benefit to the shorter scale?

Thanks a lot,
          Nick

Comment

Well, a 22 fret guitar would be a better choice with the 24.75 scale, and for some of us, the biggest benefit is the slinkier strings. I use 9-42s, and I like a very slinky feel, I don`t like tight strings. Alot of guys I know play LP`s with 9-42`s for this reason. Jack.

Comment

Short scale slatqh would be very cool.
              Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Jack your idea sounds just like the CS I have on order.I would buy a USA select SL2H short scale with a either a OFR or string thru.It would be cool if was mahogany and 22 frets with a regular soloist body and headstock.
                Mike
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Yes, exactly, use the SL2H Mahogany as the platform and I don`t care for arch tops and scalloped horns as much as the regular soloist body and flat top.I would prefer the string thru though as I have many Floyd guitars. Jack.

Comment

Why 22 frets?

22 or 24 frets isn't going to make much difference to how the guitar plays, or its feel. The fret spacing from 0-22 will be the same on either. 22 frets will mean you can position the neck pickup a bit further away from the bridge. Is this the reason why?
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

I'd definitely be up for something like an SL2H-MAH with a short scale and fairly chunky, more rounded neck (ie, no Speed Necks). Right up my alley here.

I absolutely prefer 22 frets to 24. I've got enough floyds, too, though there's really no quality bridge that would be a deal breaker. Set-neck would be GREAT. Neck-through would still be good. Bolt-on would kinda kill the vibe we (well, me and Jack [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) seem to be going for.

It might be kinda cool if it were just natural mahogany, too, with a blank ebony board (my unnatural loathing of inlay is coming out here). Ooooooh, Macassar Ebony! That stuff is badass! Feels and sounds like "regular" ebony, but has awesome figure. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] I imagine anything other than ebony might start a bitchfest among some of you guys, though. :^p

My thoughts.

-Joseph

PS: I would probably put hum-sized P90s in mine. Oh man, a goldtop (or all-gold) soloist with set-neck, short-scale, and mahogany body/neck with two cream P94s and a floyd. Eat that, vintage purists. :^D

Comment

A natural SL2H-Mah with a natural headstock and black logo with black binding would be very cool.....
                        Popular is not the same as good
                        Rare is not the same as valuable
                        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Why 22 frets?

22 or 24 frets isn't going to make much difference to how the guitar plays, or its feel. The fret spacing from 0-22 will be the same on either. 22 frets will mean you can position the neck pickup a bit further away from the bridge. Is this the reason why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would assume that Slayer prefers 22 frets on a 24 3/4 guitar, because with the shorter scale, the spacing between the 22nd and 23rd frets, and between the 23rd and 24th frets will be too narrow to get his fingers into.

Slayer, feel free to correct me if I am mistaken in my assumption.
                          Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

I'm 6'4 and 220lb & don't have any trouble fretting notes on the 23rd or 24th frets on a short scale guitar. Playing chromatics up there is out of the question, but hitting a scale tone there is fine. And that's not because I'm a particularly good player.

Which is why I thought pickup placement might've been Jack's reason for preferring 22 frets. Maybe it's just an old-school vibe thing. 24 frets aren't a necessity for me, but they are part of the Fusion vibe.

As far as the neckthru/bolt-on argument some others have mentioned, either are good. Warriors just seem to be a neckthru kind of axe to me, bolt-on Warriors just aren't as cool.

But I love an oiled neck, and the profile of the Fusion necks have posed no problem for me. Which is why I would so love to see the reissue of them. I know Jack has long had an issue with the Fusion necks being too thin, despite digging the rest of the guitar. His last couple of "dream guitars" posted here have been neckthru, thicker necked Fusion variations.

So I say bring back the 24 fret, same-neck-as-before Fusions. Hell, I can't stop playing the ones I got. I'm playing one as I type this! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Jazz'R body shape (solid, not the chambered thing like before) with quilted maple top, trans finishes only (or Snow White with Black body "binding" (paint or real binding) and Gloss Black with Ivory or White body "binding" as the only solid color choices, but without the fancy maple top obviously, unless it was a nice trans black, which I personally don't like but,... whatever [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

The Soloist/Dinky thing is nice for little people, like Lynch and the gang was back in 83, but these days I prefer a grownup-sized guitar body like the Jazz'R or (here it comes....you know you can't get away from it....it's my favoritest of all time....) the NASL [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

At least the back half of it - can't quite conform to the full-size Strat front horns [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyhoo, do that in 24.75" scale, with a TOM (not that hardtail bucket thing on the SLS), 22 frets (I'll manage [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]), the SweeTone headstock, or the Surfcaster/JJ head, and a real San Dimas Charvel Pointyhead Neck profile, 2 hums or H-S-S, in a USA Select, and you'll have a winner.

Now, would that be 1 11/16" nut or 1 5/8"? The Fusions and Warriors were 1 11/16", but the smaller scale made them "feel" like they were more narrow. I'm happy either way.
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X