Jackson JJ Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson JJ Question

I know a guy that wants to sell his JJ, but it doesn`t have the USA on the headstock, but the serial #00267JJ matches the USA #`s and makes it a 1997. The headstock graphic is black and white and the guitar is Korina. Did some JJ`s go out without the USA on the headstock, or do some of the Japanese Pro JJ`s serial #`s match USA serial #`s? It doesn`t have a neckplate and the serial # is on the fretboard like a USA. This one has me a little baffled. Thanks-Jack.

Re: Jackson JJ Question

Hmmm. Not too sure of the JJ serials - you sure the USA models had 5 numbers and not 4?

I've got the hang tag of a '98 JJ1 (came with a case I bought) and the serial on the tag is 472JJ - no 0's [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I know some USA models went out without the USA on 'em.

Have the guy remove the neck - the model should be stamped on the edge of the heel.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Just looked at 1996 catalog scan - all USA JJ's (including natural finished korina) are pictured with B/W logos and NO "made in USA" or "USA" lettering on a headstock
      Because I don't say it
      Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Thanks fellas!! That is wild with the no USA on the headstock. Jack.

Comment

So what is the consensus? Is this a USA JJ or what? I am looking at one of these myself FWIW. Also, are they good guitars? How do they play/sound? Thanks -Frank

Comment

I have never played one myself, but want a JJ2 in a trans color pretty bad!! Jack.

Comment

I owned one of the 1-hum bolt-on HRF JJs for a while and played one of the soft-V profile neckthroughs. The one I owned was a good guitar, the neckthrough was excellent.
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Great bro!! You have me jonesing for a JJ2 more now [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

This is my JJ1 with the non colored logo.

It is an incredible sounding and playing guitar. They seem to sell in the $400-$500 range and, in my opinion, are worth twice that. Great bargains and very cool guitars.
                  Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

It seams there were quite a few versions of the JJ over the last few years. Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      So what is the consensus? Is this a USA JJ or what? I am looking at one of these myself FWIW. Also, are they good guitars? How do they play/sound? Thanks -Frank

[/ QUOTE ]

I LOVE my JJ2!
                      They are excellent guitars, nice fat tone, warm, excellent sustain, and you can really dig in. Necks are kinda fat, but I prefer mine that way anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Extremely versatile guitar in my opinion.

And of course, here she is. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Sweet [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I am a little biased towards the trans finishes(all mahogany), but I love them flames!! Jack.

Comment

Working...
                        X