Discontinued Model and Impact on Value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discontinued Model and Impact on Value

A few months ago I picked up a brand new SLATQH in trans black. Now that the SLATQH is discontinued, what does that do to the resale value. Does it go up beacuse they are more rare or down because it's been replaced?

Re: Discontinued Model and Impact on Value

Goes up a little because they're awesome guitars that you can't buy anymore

Comment

Nothing has REPLACED the SLATQH. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] They better bring her back, I want one someday...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Goes up a little because they're awesome guitars that you can't buy anymore

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe but JJs and JJPs are also awesome guitars that you can't buy anymore and you almost can't give those away.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

A SLATQH would probably go up.

It's pretty hilarious though, when people are trying to sell old concept series Jacksons, or model series Charvels for big bucks because they are "RARE and nawt MADE NEMORE!!11"

Comment

How about Kelly Stars? Any chance of them going up in value?

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] @ DonP
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

If they rise in value, it definitely won´t be within the first year after discontinuation... ask again in 5-10-20 years [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Conversely, there are discontinued USA Jacksons like the JJP, JJ, AT-1, DR2, SL2 and RR2 that you can can barely give away much less sell them...

Comment

hey, if anyone is looking to give away ANY of those models, I'm quite happy to accommodate them [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Man, I wonder if this old 80s strathead will ever be worth anything...

Comment

nah... send it over to me and I´ll dispose of it porperly [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X