Should I buy my soloist's twin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I buy my soloist's twin?

I'm looking at an 86 soloist that's up right now. Same year, same color, same control layout as the one I have. Only difference is mine has a floyd and this has a kahler. Also mine has an EMG now and this will have passives.

I'm thinking it would be pretty cool to have twin guitars, and I can't imagine sky blue metallic 86 soloists being too common. These might be the only two, which would be awesome if I had both. But then it would be slightly pointless having two.

So, point is: Would having two be cool, or would it be redundant and pointless? Should I go for twins, or spend the cash on some variety?

One in question is on the left. Mine's on the right.

Hopefully this one won't go too much more than I paid for the other, and hopefully I'm not giving myself competition showing it here. I've got dibbs guys. [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]
    Yes, it would be awesome!
    0%
    No, it would be pointless. Get some variety.
    0%
    Last edited by Sparkytfl; 04-14-2009, 04:15 PM.

Re: Should I buy my soloist\'s twin?

I´m considering specing a CS that´s in every way 100% identical to my current CS (and main player)... ´nuff said? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

LOOK!!! It's got a Kahler!!!!!!!

Every man's fantasy....TWINS!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I´m considering specing a CS that´s in every way 100% identical to my current CS (and main player)... ´nuff said? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]What kind of CS do you have Zerb?
        "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Every man's fantasy....TWINS!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got fraternal twin Charvel Model 3A's (not identical, because one is red and the other one is blue).

EDIT: I voted yes [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Guess what I voted for?

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

I say no.............just because I hate Kahlers, I like your floyded one though [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Whoa! Cool pic, now you need another Rhoads! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Whoa! Cool pic, now you need another Rhoads! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you should say that [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...0&fpart=2&vc=1
                  The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

If I could have a duplicate of ONE of my guitars, I'd do it in a microsecond. GO FOR IT!

Comment

My answer is simple also

Comment

Go for it bro!! My next CS will have either a Tunamantic or a Kahler Pro, I like Kahlers and Floyds. Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]What kind of CS do you have Zerb?

[/ QUOTE ]

The black dualhum Dinky Reverse in my Avatar [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Well it's good to see that it's pretty normal. Hopefully the thing won't go much more than like 800. My other was only 6.
                            I can go a bit higher, but I have a synth being transfered and don't feel like leaving it on layaway for a week and a half when it's already taken almost a month to transfer.

Never tried one of the kahlers. I had a spyder on a beat up peavey, and a different type on my charvel 3a, but never personally seen this model.

Comment

My only contribution is this: I have a Charvel SD1 (Koa) that I love to death. I bought another hoping for the same attachment and..... nada..... zip..... no connection at all. What makes this worse is that because I have anther guitar which is so similar, I never pic up the newer one.
                              Popular is not the same as good
                              Rare is not the same as valuable
                              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
                              X