Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fender made Jacksons

[ QUOTE ]
    Anyhoo, last I heard is that Shannon, Eldred, Pablo, and one other guy who I can never remember only make Customs, and only they make Customs. The other guys (and gals?) make the USA Selects, and they've been trained by "The Masters" to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is how it is NOW... when AMIC/AKAI owned Jackson, this was not necessarily the case... Fender has improved Jackson tremendously... Mike Shannon is back with Jackson because of the buyout.

Quality control is always subjective and something can always slip by accidentally, but overall, quality has increased dramatically, and the overall number and type of complaints has decreased to an almost non-existant number... the board is larger than ever, but back before the fender buyout (especially in the last year and a half or so) there were complaints every month, maybe 1-3... but they weren't uncommon. Since the takeover, maybe a half dozen in a year?

Now customs can be seen on their website during their build process, you get a picture CD and folder with the work order... and look at the stuff the custom shop is putting out now... Some of the most incredible graphics and guitars Jackson has ever built.

I'm more confident with an order placed now than if I would have if I placed one a year or two before Fender bought Jackson. Just my opinion of course. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
    X