Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC1 + TremSetter for D-Tuner Installation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC1 + TremSetter for D-Tuner Installation?

My recent PC1 purchase is the first guitar with a recessed Floyd I've owned in a while; my other guitars (EBMM Axis & Peavey Wolfgang) are non-recessed with D-Tuners installed. I'd like to install a D-Tuner on my PC1, but obviously the recessed trem will cause tuning stability problems. Has anyone here used a TremSetter on the PC1 to eliminate this problem and use a D-Tuner? I gotta believe it would work, and just want to see if it's been tried. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brandon

Re: PC1 + TremSetter for D-Tuner Installation?

http://www.dtuna.com/setup4.html
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Hippietim,

Thanks for pointing out the painfully obvious...I've never needed to look at the "recessed" instructions for the D-Tuna, so I never got that far on their website...

Comment

let us know how it works out.

- Newc

Comment

There's also the tremol-no, which I don't think is in production yet - easy installation with no drilling. There's a thread on this forum somewhere where Kevan, from Tremol-no, made a few posts. There's also a website.
          Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Comment

Now that doesn't really help him much if it's not available, does it? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

also, doesn't that thing disable the bar? i was under the impression he wants a usable whidlee bar.

- Newc

Comment

From the Tremol-No site:
                "Q- What the heck is the "Deep-C™"?
                A- The Deep-C™ is an accessory for the Tremol-No™ unit. When locked in place, it allows full floating tremolos to function as 'dive-only' tremolos. Just like the Tremol-No™, it installs with no modifications to the guitar, and can be slipped on in under a minute. For example, your fully floating trem can now be full floating, or 'dive-only', or hardtail. Changing between the three takes mere seconds."

http://www.tremol-no.com/
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Guys,

Thnx for the great tips! HippieTim's right; I do want a fully functional "giggle stick" for dives and climbs, so the TremSetter sounds like the one! However, I'll look into the other two mentioned... [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

giggle stick? is this funny to you? wtf? please stick to the proper terms. repeat after me: WHIDLEE BAR!!!

I don't want to read anymore about some damn giggle stick. unless you are referring to the Washburn Wonderbar - that IS a giggle stick - at least it is giggled at.

- Newc

Comment

Mr Napalm, sir, you are correct - but I'm hoping the more I talk about it, the quicker it'll arrive. "Is it here yet, is it here yet, is it here yet........................" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Comment

Working...
                      X