quality of usa select

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quality of usa select

i'm trying to justify whether i should buy a usa select. a custom guitar usually involves filtering out inferior/defective wood pieces, but is this the same with usa selects? what about the quality of the finishes compared to imports? i know you also get a case included. anything else i should consider? wait times?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Re: quality of usa select

I've only owned one Jackson import and it wasn't bad...a KE3. But once I played a USA Select I could tell there was a world of difference. Don't compare the USA Select to the import, compare it to other manufacturers in the price range. I can't find anybody who builds a better guitar than Jackson in that price range.

Comment

Ditto. I have a US Select and it's the best guitar I've ever played. The fit, finish, and quality is just unbelievable. I don't own a current import but have played them in stores and it's a huge difference.

Comment

I have owned a few USA soloists and they were great guitars.If you can afford it you will not be disapointed.I only sold (one of them I wish I didn't)them because at the time(still am)I was going short scale crazy and went after a few 750XLs and Archtop Pros.IMO they are a <font color="red">BIG </font> step up from the current imports and only a small step up from the 90-91 Professionals(has to have MOP inlays an logo)
        Mike
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

wood selection filtering? finish quality?
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I've only owned one Jackson import and it wasn't bad...a KE3. But once I played a USA Select I could tell there was a world of difference. Don't compare the USA Select to the import, compare it to other manufacturers in the price range. I can't find anybody who builds a better guitar than Jackson in that price range.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are about equal quality wise with ESP at that price range. I'm not an ESP fan boy at all but I don't believe any one particular company makes the best guitars ever etc etc. Also, if you can import an Original Series ESP from Japan they cost about that much and are built in the custom shop at the same level of care as custom shops. Jackson make absolutly awsome guitars, but they are not the best for their price range :P

Comment

I beg to differ. I strongly believe nobody beats the Jackson USA Select quality at that price. In fact, I think you have to add a substantial amount of money to get someone else to build you a better guitar, it's that good.
              Never played an ESP that could come close to holding a candle against USA Jacksons! [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Comment

I own an ESP original Series and an ESP Standard series. I have also borrowed a Jackson KV 2 USA Select and RR Custom shop from a friend for about 5 months and played extensivly on both. They play differently and obviously the feel is up to the person's opinion, but the finish is easily equal'd by the ESP Original Series (custom shop built, not more expensive than USA Select on most models) and about equal with the Standard Series (Very strict on quality, but not built in custom shop). The Custom Shop Jackson is better than the USA Select and the Standard Series ESP but equal in detail to the Original/Custom shop of ESP. Again, whether or not you like the *feel* of the guitar is up to you [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

P.s. I'm planning to buy some Jackson's soon too [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Fantastic guitars, but for the price i have to say they are not better than everyone else.

Comment

With ESP's price increase this year there's no way you can say that. The LTD line is comparable PRICE-WISE to the USA Selects and there' no comparison between those two lines. Jackson blows them away in every facet. I owned a MH-1000 ESP and it played so damn rough compared to a Jackson.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      With ESP's price increase this year there's no way you can say that. The LTD line is comparable PRICE-WISE to the USA Selects and there' no comparison between those two lines. Jackson blows them away in every facet. I owned a MH-1000 ESP and it played so damn rough compared to a Jackson.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh i have no idea how much people in the states Pay. The ESP Price Rise is not going to affect the whole world [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] LTD are like import Jackson, so that is a stupid comparison.
                      USA Jackson's are expensive in the UK and Price Wise far inferior. Here is an example.

USA Select in UK is around £1500 (RRP 1999).
                      If i import an ESP STANDARD Horizon NT (like USA Select level) from Australia it would cost me : £941 plus import (159.97) = 1100. This of course includes a hard case and for fast shipping it cost me a max of 100 pounds. 1200 pounds. 300 pounds cheaper than a USA Jackson for the same quality.

Now if you wish to compare LTD/Edwards brand ESP i'd love to compare them to the imported Jackson [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Jackson's are great, but expensive for us Rest of the World.

Comment

Well sure, why wouldn't ESP's be cheaper to the UK and Australia? Both the ESP and LTD lines are made in JAPAN. There is no made in the USA truth to ESP at all.

Comment

Check that...LTDs are made in Korea, not Japan. ESP and ESP Custom Shop guitars are made in Japan.

Comment

The problem with ESP is you have to wait so damn long for a new guitar. I waited seven damn months for my MH-1000 before I cancelled my order. USA Select wait time is 90 - 120 days if it's not in-stock.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Well sure, why wouldn't ESP's be cheaper to the UK and Australia? Both the ESP and LTD lines are made in JAPAN. There is no made in the USA truth to ESP at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutly no idea, but they did not yet officially announce increase of prices worldwide. They might do soon [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
                              The problem with ESP is you have to wait so damn long for a new guitar. I waited seven damn months for my MH-1000 before I cancelled my order. USA Select wait time is 90 - 120 days if it's not in-stock.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily true. Go with BMusic.com.au and you will have a max waiting time of 4-6 months for a custom shop, and less for something not in stock. Why ? Because they are a high end ESP dealer and deal in many many ESP's. And USA Select waiting time in the UK (with a top Jackson dealer) sometimes easily exceeds 4-6 months.

ESP don't make any guitars in the USA and don't pretend they do. They used to have a line made in the USA for a short period but then stopped as they didn't see the point. USA Guitars > Japan Guitars is balony :P High end Guitars are High end Guitars wherever the luthier is from.

You also want to have a look at Edwards, which are Higher than LTD quality but just below ESP Quality. These are built in Japan by another sub-company of ESP.

Comment

Working...
                              X