Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am confused BIGTIME! Lend an opinion/hand

Here we go folks....

I am in the hunt for another axe. I currently own a 1982 San Dimas Charvel Strat(crossroads clone, but with gold hardware-floyd) a 3DR Japanese Charvel, and soon to be arriving a single hum-candy blue bl floyd charvel strat.

Since the news of the DeMartini guitars, I have had a difficult choice to make. Going WAYY back, RATT we're my favorite group. I loved the french writing guitar and the blood splatter one ALONG with Robbins' King V's.

I think you know where this is going. I will have three strats soon....perhaps it's time to pull the trigger on a "V"? It MUST have a Floyd as well. Luckily, the few places I have found U.S.A. Jackson King V's have those installed

The KV will be less expensive than either Warren D as well.

What do you guys n gals think?

Thanks!!! [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: I am confused BIGTIME! Lend an opinion/hand

Can't go wrong with either one, but I know being used to Strats that going to a V might be a difficult jump, especially if you've never owned one. But either way, you're sure to have a great guitar. I would say go with the DeMartini if you were that big of a Ratt fan. I just ordered a Crossed Swords myself cause I'm the same way. Good luck man!

Comment

I am confused BIGTIME! Lend an opinion/hand

Today alone, I watched RATT"The Video" and a few other vids of theirs that I converted over from VHS.

This is a tough choice! Ultimately, I'd like a RED KV...but have the patience the size of a tick. I will compromise in this situation for sure(Also will send le$$ dollars).

I think I could adjust to the "V". Sitting down, I'd probably just use a strap set to a shorter length.

Comment

In watching some of the early vids, those King Vs that Robbin had were non-recessed Floyds. I think the KVs for USA have recessed Floyds, but I could be wrong. Ultimately your wallet will have to decide for you. But whatever you get, take pics and post 'em here man.

Comment

yeah, robbin's Vs were not only non-recessed, but the bodies were bigger than what became the KV.
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I went through a Rhoads V phase when I first started playing a couple of years ago. As a big Rhoads fan, nothing would do me but to buy a Rhoads. Since I play sitting down most of the time I found it uncomfortable to play them. It took me two Jackson V's to learn that the V body is not for me. IMHO if you play sitting down a lot I would advise against a V.

Comment

IMO i would get the Demartinies first. Then I would place a custom order for a double rhoads (Robbin Crosby style) like JCF-02 (if its possible) but thats a load of money for purist stuff.

Very hard decision to make. Drop a coin [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I am confused BIGTIME! Lend an opinion/hand

Looks like the KV2 is on the back burner. The black one is sold, and that company isn't dealing with jackson any longer.

The white one is backordered(min-2 weeks) so I'll pass. I am currently bidding on a Marshall Mode Four amp. I returned my micro stack as it didn't have it after a few days. I will have three awesome strats and a practice amp! I could use an awesome amp!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I could use an awesome amp!

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why are you going with the Mode 4? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                  http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    IMHO if you play sitting down a lot I would advise against a V.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    They're totally comfortable sitting down... you just have to put the center over your right leg and play in the classical position. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i favour the superstrat over the v/rhoads. no concerns over neckdive, no ridiculous costs or hassle to get the right size case or guitar stand. people buy v's, warriors, kellys etc because they LOOK good. i'm still baffled myself as to why i own a warrior, because the hardcase is 4 times more expensive than a standard case. a strat shape is not only easier to keep, but will play in any standing or sitting position.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        IMHO if you play sitting down a lot I would advise against a V.

[/ QUOTE ]
                        They're totally comfortable sitting down... you just have to put the center over your right leg and play in the classical position. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] Joe, I am with you. To each his own. I have no problem sitting with my V's, and I have 7 I think, maybe one in the works too. I sit the same way, classical position with my V's, LP's or Explorers. I guess it is just a preference thing.
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I have been a Strat/Soloist/Dinky player for a long time, and when I finally bought a KV2, it just didn't appeal to me. I still own a Rhoads, but don't play it very often. There is nothing bad about it - good balance, comfortable, easy to play - but I just keep coming back to more "traditional" shapes. Explorers don't work for me either, so it's not just the V shape.
                          sigpic

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Joe, I am with you. To each his own. I have no problem sitting with my V's, and I have 7 I think, maybe one in the works too. I sit the same way, classical position with my V's, LP's or Explorers. I guess it is just a preference thing.

[/ QUOTE ]
                            Yeah, I use the classical position for any guitar I play, and I only own Strat/Dinky or Les Paul shapes at the moment. It would be cool to have that gold Rhoads of yours, though. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              It would be cool to have that gold Rhoads of yours, though.

[/ QUOTE ] What gold Rhoads? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Oh, you mean this one? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Dream on, Joey my boy. You can play it any time you want, butcha can't have it! [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                              Scott
                              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X