Doug Aldrich signature model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Doug Aldrich signature model

I like the lack of a neck plate. I wish Jackson would go to this for all of their bolt-on models. (I'm assuming it has bushings, a la Ibanez).

Comment

[/ QUOTE ]
      Paul,give me some of what you are smoking right now.
      [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Hear the universe scream
      Bleeding from black holes
      Whom horns careless
      And whom God mourns

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        now to get flamed...
        Who was Doug Aldrich

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't feel bad, I didn't know anything about him until a few years ago where I saw him play for Dio. I just saw him again two nights ago playing for Whitesnake. He seems to have found a niche as a touring guitar player. The guy absolutely smokes.

As for any Jacksons, I've never seen him play one. With Dio it was Strats and LP's, the other night all LP except for a Tele for "Slow and easy".

I know nothing about him prior to as of late.

-Matt

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
          Paul,give me some of what you are smoking right now.
          [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea Paul [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I got confused with you and thought it was you.
          I'd give him what I have been smoking for all my life.
          It's so good that I don't even recognize who is who.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Back in the 80's and early 90's Doug endorsed Jacksons .He had a killer collection of them.Most of his recordings feature a charvel strathead witha floyd.He endorses Fenders now, but a few of the guys that build his guitars did so for Charvel back in the day, atleast thats what he told me.The names escape me right now, but i remember looking up the info and finding out it was true.Go to www.dougaldrich.com and hit the gear section.It will take you to his old site and has plenty of jacksons.I got a pick of him in 1993-94 in his house with about 20 jacksons.Cool pic, wish i had a scanner.

These doug models were really cool and played realy well.I wasnt into the scalloped frets , but the necks were nice and the button for switching pickups was a cool and original idea.I think it lit up when you switched.The shark teeth on the headstock were a nice touch as well.

Comment

Did you know Kei bought many of Doug's Jackson when he switched to Fender couple years after the photo shoot at Doug's house?

Comment

Great player. He also uses all Cameron modded Marshalls. I have 2 of them and a 3rd on the way. The guy has a really incredible tone.

Comment

Really, jeezus you guys were conected.Between you and kei, half of all the guitars in L.A have gone through your hands, lol.

Comment

Working...
                  X