Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last ones, I promise...Rhoads I have left...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Last ones, I promise...Rhoads I have left...

Killer looking! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    I love these and can't wait to add another one in my small collection.
    [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: Last ones, I promise...Rhoads I have left...

I really like the clean coated san dimas rhoads, even not to pretty "unfinished" wood has something, don't know why, maybe I just like wood. nice collection!

Harrald

Comment

Originally posted by tmdiamond View Post
        And finally, the Rhoads that I still have. the black one is RR0801, restored to it's original grandeur by Chuck DeCarlo, beautiful guitar to say the least, my nuclear yellow w/ black bevels Custom Shop RR-1, and the '85 SD Rhoads I found a month or so ago. My wife bought me the yellow RR-1 for Xmas one year. It is a killer axe!

Dear tmdiamond,
        Are you sure that it's RR0801 that you own/owned? If so, I've been looking for you for almost 20 years!
        I left home for college in '96 and when I came home the summer of '99 my Black w/"gold" trim RR0801 Rhoads was missing! At the time my mother was going through substance abuse problems so I'm sure she stole it and sold it to feed her habit. She wouldn't admit to it, and I was in any case devastated.
        Whatever photo you may have posted on this forum of RR0801 is no longer available. Are you still in possession of it? Are you willing to part with it? You may think this is some scam but I can prove that this guitar was taken from me.

I found the guitar in a record store on Melrose ave. in the summer of 1993 in derelict condition. They wanted a $100 for the guitar so I bought it as a project. After taking possession of it I discovered it had:
        A crack in the neck opposite of the locking nut
        An incorrect Kahler Bridge
        A chip/crack in the long V fin
        Miss-matching Humbucker pick-ups (DiMarzio & Seymor Duncan)
        And black spray paint from the head stock to the fins

After removing paint from the head stock, ivory trim, truss rod cover, & nut, I then gave the guitar to the ESP custom shop on Sunset blvd. for further repairs and parts needed. They glued the cracked nut/head stock/neck joint, replaced the knobs with proper black ones, and installed a proper Schaller temolo bridge licensed by Floyd Rose. I put so much into this guitar to resuscitate it from near scrap and as a result RR0801 was very dear to me. I'm sure you can understand. Do you mind posting photos of it? I'd love to see what it looks like today!

Best,
        -H

Comment

I've been on this board since 2008 and have never seen that person post. Since this post is from 2004 I'd say they are long gone.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Dude,instead of replying to 10-plus year old threads to members who haven't been here in who knows how long, you might have better luck by reaching out to them with a PM. At least that might trigger a direct email contact, if they still use the same email address as they did way back then. Good luck.

Comment

Hate to be the bearer of bad news here but Tom passed away several years ago

Re: RR0801...that guitar was stolen during shipping & later resurfaced on ebay w/an obscured serial #

Comment

Working...
              X