Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pc-1 pickup swap

Hello all,
    forgive me if this has been asked before.Does anyone know if you can change all 3 pickups in the pc-1 to say seymours or even different dimarzios and still get full use of the sustainer?
    Last edited by Littleb; 02-15-2023, 09:47 PM.

You would need the neck pickup that is the sustainer pickup.

Comment

You're are right. I've found some threads on the topic too.I see some folks just completely take the whole sustsainer out ( if they don't like it but love the guitar itself) and install regular pickups and run it like a regular guitar plus some extra fancy switching. But in doing that,with the middle pickup located so close to the bridge and not in the normal middle area of the guitar,would it sound good?

Comment

the sustainer is currently in the neck position.
        So....

The bridge and middle is going to sound the same as it does now.

Comment

Yep.of course.Without playing one tho I am curious as to how position 2 and 4 sound since that middle pu is pushed over towards the bridge.Hoping to give the pc1 a test drive at some point and we'll see...or hear I should say.

Comment

My 2 cents is if you are trying to get pos 2 and 4 sounds why would you mod a PC-1 for it. Probably cheaper to get a strat at that point or a charvel.

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
              My 2 cents is if you are trying to get pos 2 and 4 sounds why would you mod a PC-1 for it. Probably cheaper to get a strat at that point or a charvel.
              Many Jackson and Ibanez models use that same kind of 5-way. Whether it is HH or HSS.

Comment

You guys are right.

Comment

Working...
                X