1988 Jackson custom shop specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 Jackson custom shop specs?

Hey guys new to this forum but not new to Jackson/ Charvel. Im looking for more specific specs on a 1988 Jackson Dinky USA custom shop limited edition in fire lava crackle only 100 made.
    What pickups are in these I can’t find any details? Would it be the J-90C and J-100 combo. Also I’m guessing the trem is a JT-6?
    Thanks

There was 100 made?
    That's a lot. I mean, for perspective, there were only 150 Rhoads made in 1988. And here you are looking at run of 100???

Anyhow - you said it was "custom shop" and "limited edition".... so, how are we to know what the specs are. I ordered a double chocolate mocha latte and they give me a double mocha chocolate latte - IT WAS WRONG. It wasn't what I custom ordered.

Comment

The trem is a JT-6. Dont know about the pickups.

This info found on net:
      Neck - Jackson J100 Single
      Bridge - Jackson J80C.
      Last edited by ed; 11-20-2022, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Also was there 100 made or 500? There are also blue ones and then theres the blue one that has the scallop behind the trem.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
          There was 100 made?
          That's a lot. I mean, for perspective, there were only 150 Rhoads made in 1988. And here you are looking at run of 100???

Anyhow - you said it was "custom shop" and "limited edition".... so, how are we to know what the specs are. I ordered a double chocolate mocha latte and they give me a double mocha chocolate latte - IT WAS WRONG. It wasn't what I custom ordered.
          why bother replying to say that , if you don’t know don’t say anything ????

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
            Also was there 100 made or 500? There are also blue ones and then theres the blue one that has the scallop behind the trem.
            Yeah 100 made. J-80c interesting thanks
            Last edited by Pjc007; 11-20-2022, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pjc007 View Post

Yeah 100 made. J-80c interesting thanks
              Here's two for sale.

https://reverb.com/item/51228484-rar...-signed-guitar

https://reverb.com/item/13661722-jac...ckle-88-89-red

Added all pre 90's are customs not custom shop. They were a custom shop but to be a custom shop it would need to say, Custom shop on it. All pre- production guitars are customs
              Last edited by john.w.lawson; 11-20-2022, 09:54 AM.
              I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

why bother replying to say that , if you don’t know don’t say anything ????

Did you post pictures. NO.
                Did you post a link. NO.

We're just supposed to know about some random guitar with nothing to go on other than "dude, it got 6 strings".

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

Here's two for sale.

https://reverb.com/item/51228484-rar...-signed-guitar

https://reverb.com/item/13661722-jac...ckle-88-89-red

Added all pre 90's are customs not custom shop. They were a custom shop but to be a custom shop it would need to say, Custom shop on it. All pre- production guitars are customs
                  Yep that’s the one and thanks for the info. So we still don’t know what pickups for certain?

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post

Did you post pictures. NO.
                    Did you post a link. NO.

We're just supposed to know about some random guitar with nothing to go on other than "dude, it got 6 strings".

Did you read my first post?? I gave you the exact model! I thought maybe someone on a Jackson guitar forum would maybe know or have owned one. I go back to my previous reply, why even comment if your going to reply like that, it doesn’t reflect well on you.

Comment

One of those has a swapped in DiMarzio. The other could have a J95, (Charvel limited 88 import have that) or it's a j90 or j80, It's most likely a store limited run model! Since it's for sale I'd just ask the seller. Don't mind the keyboard dude, he's cool it's just a lot of people just come here wanting to know about something so they can sell it. The truth of the guitar is it's a two pickup crackle dinky, nothing really special they made more than a hundred crackle guitars in 88.
                      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
                        One of those has a swapped in DiMarzio. The other could have a J95, (Charvel limited 88 import have that) or it's a j90 or j80, It's most likely a store limited run model! Since it's for sale I'd just ask the seller. Don't mind the keyboard dude, he's cool it's just a lot of people just come here wanting to know about something so they can sell it. The truth of the guitar is it's a two pickup crackle dinky, nothing really special they made more than a hundred crackle guitars in 88.
                        Yeah ok thanks John. Maybe just this particular colour and configuration ? As they’ve been signed by Grover as 1 of a 100.
                        https://reverb.com/au/item/63081945-...by-grover-ohsc
                        they’d be a little special yeah?

No need to excuse him John , he’s rude. Nothing wrong with people asking genuine questions…
                        Last edited by Pjc007; 11-20-2022, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Yeah ok thanks John. Maybe just this particular colour and configuration ? As they’ve been signed by Grover as 1 of a 100.
                          https://reverb.com/au/item/63081945-...by-grover-ohsc
                          they’d be a little special yeah?

No need to excuse him John , he’s rude. Nothing wrong with people asking genuine questions…
                          Most guitars preproduction are one of one or artist's models that were not taken or smaller runs of lets pick something, a splatter finish. Special, it is signed, in 88 who made it? That would be stamped on the neck heel and neck route on the body. I'm guessing it's some sort of here's our new dinky shape, Strats were still made even in 88-89. I've never seen one or noticed one before, probably because I would prefer a early 90's dinky to a preproduction dinky. Guitars are all about what you like and don't like, so while I think 3+ is way too high for it's features( to me him signing it has now value) but to someone else it might mean the world. These are just guess's and opinions of mine and should hold no value to someone wanting to buy something.

Comment

limited run...i've played a blue crackle and 2 of the fire crackle ones...great necks on them, nice and thin...d.m.
                            http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Working...
                            X