No announcement yet.

Help me identify this guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to take them both into a guitar shop at the weekend and see what they will give me for them. Tried doing the online quotation thing but no one seems to want to know

Comment

Originally posted by Leevis View Post
      Going to take them both into a guitar shop at the weekend and see what they will give me for them. Tried doing the online quotation thing but no one seems to want to know
      I would seriously watch getting ripped off by a guitar store! They pay a quarter of what they sell stuff for and sometimes even less.
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

put it on reverb.com. you could probably get $2000+ like john said. if you want you can list it for even more and turn on "accept offers". you won't get close to that from a guitar shop.

Comment

And now it's on sale for 4000+ €... disgusting

Comment

https://reverb.com/item/61953018-jac...ustom-usa-1998

not exactly sure what you mean is disgusting... the price or the fact that it's being resold? (I'm assuming it's being resold since I don't think the listing owner is OP)

obviously it's being resold if the OP brought it into a shop or otherwise sold it to somebody locally. that's not under question.

as to the list price... the lister can ask as much as he wants. we're talking about a market with extremely limited supply. the real question is the demand. if he sells it for $4000 (apparently GPB~=USD right now), well then good for him. some schmuck might be willing to pay that. it only takes one. don't see what makes that disgusting. is it disgusting to sell a '59 LP for $100,000?
            Last edited by metalhobo; 10-09-2022, 01:55 PM.

Comment

The Rainbow Crackle is the Golden Ticket on that one. Always bumps the price up a few hundred (insert currency here)s.

Comment

Working...
              X