Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade-in value of 2004 USA Soloist SLATQH

Hey Guys,

I'm thinking about trading in (or just selling?) my minty 2004 USA Soloist SLATQH (upgraded with Suhr Doug Aldrich pickups and TonePros locking bridge) for either a new PRS or Ernie Ball. Dealer is asking how much I want for my guitar. I have no idea what it's worth. Anyone able to put a $$$ figure on it? Thanks! For what it's worth, the dealer is selling a new, black Soloist SL2H for $4400.
    "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Prices are crazy right now. Tell him you want at least $3,000.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Prices are crazy right now. Tell him you want at least $3,000.
      Thats funny
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Thanks toejam! John, by "funny" do you mean $3k is too high or too low? I'm *guessing* to order one from the Custom Shop is probably going to be around $5k with a 2+ year wait.
        "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

Thats funny
          Why's it funny? They've been discontinued for awhile now and hard to find. Custom Shop now would probably be more than double that.
          Just because you wouldn't pay that, doesn't mean nobody else won't. And if the dealer is selling a new Soloist for $4,400, why shouldn't Pete ask for at least $3,000 for his which is a rare archtop?
          He could also probably trade it in to the same dealer for around the same money and get a good discount towards something else. But like anything, YMMV.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPete View Post
            Thanks toejam! John, by "funny" do you mean $3k is too high or too low? I'm *guessing* to order one from the Custom Shop is probably going to be around $5k with a 2+ year wait.
            I feel like if they would even make one it would be closer to 10K. 3k$ is fair however i dont know how the current inflation and all the jazz thats going on will affect the price.

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post

I feel like if they would even make one it would be closer to 10K. 3k$ is fair however i dont know how the current inflation and all the jazz thats going on will affect the price.

If you remember how everything jumped crazy high during the plandemic....
              now everything is dropping like flies because no one has any money.

*those Charvels that I bought used for $400, and then sold for $1000+. I just bought one for $400 again.

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post

They won't make one.

As for funny, I wouldn't pay that and if you would
                I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Just saw this today - custom shop Charvel: https://www.themusiczoo.com/products...eid=88d1721739

Ed, you're probably right about a CS SLATQH (arch-top!) being around $10k.

Comment

This is a used 2007 USA Soloist SL1T and I got it from Guitar Center for $2000 3 weeks ago. I'm guessing the guy that traded it in got around $1500. Not a mark on it. Looks like the custom shop sent it to me new. I'm sure its not what you want to hear, but my guess is, thats the going rate of used USA Jacksons right now.

Last edited by Laars; 07-27-2022, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Laars View Post
                      This is a used 2007 USA Soloist SL1T and I got it from Guitar Center for $2000 3 weeks ago. I'm guessing the guy that traded it in got around $1500. Not a mark on it. Looks like the custom shop sent it to me new. I'm sure its not what you want to hear, but my guess is, thats the going rate of used USA Jacksons right now.

You sored man! I've been out of the game for many years and sold all my gear. I'm looking to get back into a Jackson, can't believe the majority USA's for sale on Reverb are going for over 3K! What the heck man! I really hope the prices start to come down. Would like to possibly get back into a KV2 musicians friend again.

Comment

Originally posted by Death View Post

You sored man! I've been out of the game for many years and sold all my gear. I'm looking to get back into a Jackson, can't believe the majority USA's for sale on Reverb are going for over 3K! What the heck man! I really hope the prices start to come down. Would like to possibly get back into a KV2 musicians friend again.
                        Thanks, I constantly watch Guitar Centers used guitars. Back in 2014 I got this USA BC Rich Mockingbird for $1200 never played. I cut off the only strings it ever had. It was located in the Nashville Guitar Center. Guess not a lot of country guys playing a BC Rich. In 2015 I got this 1996 Ibanez PS10 Classic "Made in Japan". Serial number below 00005. Which is usually the Artist guitars they get. So I believe it was one of Paul Stanleys actual guitars. Mint condition. That one was $1250. So they are out there.

Comment

Working...
                        X