Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me understand serial number placement

Good morning from Sweden!

I'm trying to understand a difference I've seen in USA Jackson guitars online. It's probably something really apparent which I could have found if my search skills were better, but here we are.

Why do some Jackson USA guitars have a serial number stamped on the '25th fret', i.e. at the end of the fretboard, and some don't? I've seen models of the same guitar for sale on Reverb where some have it, and some don't. Is there some sort of difference between the guitars which have the serial number stamped in and the ones that don't? And where's the serial number on a guitar that doesn't have it on the fretboard?

EDIT: I'm talking about neck-through guitars.

I'd really appreciate some help in patching this hole I have in Jackson knowledge.

Cheers!
    Last edited by GryphonGuitar; 01-12-2022, 01:55 AM.
    - Andi Kravljaca -

For the most part, the USA neck thru guitars had the serial stamped on the fretboard and the bolt ons had a neck plate.

I'd like to see some examples of what you are talking about.

Comment

it's possible if you're looking at pictures that some indeed have the stamp in the fingerboard, but it's faint enough that it doesn't come through in the picture

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
        it's possible if you're looking at pictures that some indeed have the stamp in the fingerboard, but it's faint enough that it doesn't come through in the picture
        That must be it. I was curious as to whether something happened at some point that caused the serial numbers to be stamped somewhere else, but that must absolutely be it. Even looking at a close-up shot of this guitar for instance:

https://images.reverb.com/image/uplo...enauelm4x2.jpg

It isn't immediately apparent there's a serial number there, so looking at mug shots from ten feet away of course I'll miss them half the time. Thanks for clearing up a mental muddle and for your help!
        - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

It looks like a number is there

Comment

Working...
          X