No announcement yet.

No more USA SL-2H Soloists being made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more USA SL-2H Soloists being made?

I just looked at the website, and I don't see SL-2H USA Select series soloists being made anymore? Is this correct, or a website issue?

The strange thing is that none of the classic "core model" USA Select Series (such as SL1, SL2H, DK1, RR1, KV2, KE2, WR1) are showing up when filtering the website for USA Series, only the American-made Artist Signature products appear: https://www.jacksonguitars.com/en/guitars/usa-series/

Comment

I guess it's possible they're no longer offering the core USA Select series and are instead making people go through the Custom Select route. seems they were going that direction anyway.

I don't think anyone who currently posts here is an insider anymore, so you might have to ask jackson or a dealer to get a real answer.

Comment

Looking back, I guess we could have predicted this happening. For a few years the only finish option on the website for the USA Select Series was black, severely restricting the USA Select Series offerings. And I think it was recently noted that the new MJ Series occupies the price point previously held by the USA Select Series.

With USA-made guitars only being Custom Select and Artist Signature, in a way Jackson is mirroring their pre-1990 roots, no American-made core standardized production models, all American-made customs.

This is a bit of a shame since I've said in numerous posts that all the post-1996 USA Select Series models basically got everything right from their debut until their 2021 discontinuation, since the specs were basically unchanged during their entire run. How many other American-made standard/core models from any company have remained virtually fixed for 25 years? Even the Fender American Standard Stratocaster and the Gibson Les Paul Standard have changed over the years and I don't think there has been one set of specs on either of those two legendary models that has persisted 25 consecutive years the way the SL1 or RR1, both of which were the 25-year stalwarts, have stayed unchanged.

Comment

Good point. Not sure I'll ever own a Custom Shop Jackson but it was great to be able to buy a few Select series instead. Treasure my KV1!
          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

I saw this same topic discussed on one of the Jackson-related Facebook groups. Someone said that Fender is revamping the Jackson website so some of the content is currently unavailable. I think it would be best to remain patient and see what happens later.

Comment

Originally posted by claxor View Post
              I just looked at the website, and I don't see SL-2H USA Select series soloists being made anymore? Is this correct, or a website issue?
              More products will be added to the site but you will have to order from a dealer in order to get a USA select SL1 and 2's and other select series. They will not be available on the site.
              Last edited by john.w.lawson; 10-05-2021, 10:23 AM.
              I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

More products will be added to the site but you will have to order from a dealer in order to get a USA select SL1 and 2's and other select series. They will not be available on the site.
                Do you know why Jackson or Fender is doing this?

Comment

Originally posted by claxor View Post

Do you know why Jackson or Fender is doing this?
                  The same reason any corporation that owns three or four brands. Supply and demand, saves them money and cost you more. Supply and demand = an economic model to set pricing.
                  I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

More business for Kiesel I guess...
                    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

More than two weeks later, the new website looks great, but still missing those USA Select Series models. Curiouser and curiouser.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                        More than two weeks later, the new website looks great, but still missing those USA Select Series models. Curiouser and curiouser.
                        NOTP, they are dealer only now.

You'll probably have to wait a while to get one through a dealer too. PRICEY

Comment

So if someone wants a USA Select Series, there will never be any inventory just hanging on the wall in a guitar store, and instead a customer must ask the store to order one? I presume the customer is committed to that purchase (at least with perhaps a 10% or 15% deposit) and then Jackson will manufacture that guitar and ship it to the store? Isn't that how the Custom Select ordering process goes, except the USA Select Series obviously doesn't have the special customizable options? In that case, might as well order a Custom Select if you as a customer are going to wait long for Jackson to build something when prompted.

But why don't they even list the USA Select Series on the website, if nothing else so potential customers can browse the website, see what USA Select Series models are available to own, and then the customer can ask their dealer to order that SL2H or RR1 they saw on the website? The way it is now, it's as if they don't even exist. (We know they do, but someone new to Jackson might not.)

And what about the Artist Signature Series? Those are USA-made as well, and featured on the website. Will those be part of inventory hanging on store walls, or will customers need to special-order them through dealers like the USA Select Series?

I'm not the right customer for this, so it won't affect me much, but it's fascinating to see how things have changed.

Comment

All USA made Jackson's will be dealer only. Dealers might have a few models on hand or not, but it's a get what they may have order whats available for them to order or you custom shop order. They will not be mass produced models because of changes within the corporation, very recent changes.
                            Hope that answers your questions.

This info is straight from Jackson
                            Last edited by john.w.lawson; 10-20-2021, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Also I heard that you have to wait 3 years now for a custom order. They are ruining themselves man

Comment

Working...
                              X