Back from hiatus. New Jacksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from hiatus. New Jacksons

This is the DK2H that arrived with a twisted neck. It arrived back in April. Great guitar!

Highlights:
    • Stainless Frets
    • Parallel Axis Pickups
    • Titanium Floyd Rose
    • Mahogany Body
    • Quilted Maple Top
    • Schaller Tuners
    • Eurethane Topcoat
    • Bing Cherry Trans Finish

This fell into my lap. Couldn't snatch it up quickly enough. Highlights:
    • Ash Body!!!
    • Bare Knuckles Ragnarok pickups
    • Hardtail
    • Eurethane Topcoat
    • Some of the nicest abalone work I have seen!!
    • Platinum Pink finish

Last edited by CaptNasty; 08-27-2021, 04:13 PM.

Beautiful

ABSOFREAKINLUTELY Beautiful

Abalone & Ebony is my favorite.

Comment

very nice! makes me want a dinky with an unbound fingerboard

q: if you order the floyd as "top mount" do they angle the neck pocket more than for if you order a route?

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
        very nice! makes me want a dinky with an unbound fingerboard

q: if you order the floyd as "top mount" do they angle the neck pocket more than for if you order a route?
        Yeah they do. On a Dinky I got in 2018, the angle was still a little too shallow, so I installed a full pocket shim. This one I just got was perfect on the neck angle.
        Last edited by CaptNasty; 08-27-2021, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Nice.

How long until the yellow one arrives? Still waiting to hear your thoughts on the X2N.

I route the neck pocket when there isn't enough angle on cheaper guitars because I like the neck to sit deeper. I don't think I'd chance it on that one.
          Last edited by DonP; 08-28-2021, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            Nice.

How long until the yellow one arrives? Still waiting to hear your thoughts on the X2N.

I route the neck pocket when there isn't enough angle on cheaper guitars because I like the neck to sit deeper. I don't think I'd chance it on that one.
            That guitar is due in around March 2022. Could go to August 2022.

I am considering cancelling the order if the build has not started as my situation has changed.

We close this Monday on 120+ acres in northern Maine. The first home on the homestead will be a ~740 sq ft tiny home that I will build next spring. Then a barn, chicken coop, horse stables, green house, and finally “the big house”.

Bottom line: I can only take three guitars when we move into the tiny home. Once I build the big house, I will have plenty of room. Until then, space is severely limited and I don’t want to put nice guitars in storage.

The yellow Soloist will only complicate matters in choosing which 3 I will keep. So I am torn: do I build it or do I cancel? I am deciding this weekend.
            Last edited by CaptNasty; 08-28-2021, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                Nice.

The order is cancelled. Got my $$$ back yesterday.

Last August when I ordered we were given an 18-24 month quote for delivery. When my dealer contacted the Jackson rep this week the rep laighed and told him “you are at least 24 month out right now”. So much for standing by their quote. At that point my dealer cancelled.

So now I have a grafitti yellow X2N and nothing to put it in.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptNasty View Post
                  The order is cancelled. Got my $$$ back yesterday.

Last August when I ordered we were given an 18-24 month quote for delivery. When my dealer contacted the Jackson rep this week the rep laighed and told him “you are at least 24 month out right now”. So much for standing by their quote. At that point my dealer cancelled.

So now I have a grafitti yellow X2N and nothing to put it in.
                  That sucks. I could never do a custom order because
                  a. The wait
                  b. I'd go insane worrying that it wouldn't turn out right

Comment

man that does suck. and I guess it doesn't bode well for the delivery time of my cs dinky which was ordered slightly before your guitar

Comment

Working...
                    X