What year is Dinky w/serial # 006517?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What year is Dinky w/serial # 006517?

Guys sorry for the v basic question but I can’t seem to find this info using the serial decoders online! Thanks in advance!

Do not use the serial decoders for Jackson. They are only good for one particular product line. (and feel free to copy-and-paste that in every possible place to prevent misinformation from getting out)
    Use JCF (that's us), not to be confused with the JCF facebook page which is garbage (from what I hear), or you can try asking Fender (actual Fender, not a message board). Fender either knows or they don't, they don't usually give bullshit answers.

Comment

Now that I got that out of the way....

Help us out with your guitar.
      You are posting in the USA section, but it could also be an import. Are you even sure it is a Dinky?
      Maybe some pictures would help.

Comment

Originally posted by Immanentv View Post
        Guys sorry for the v basic question but I can’t seem to find this info using the serial decoders online! Thanks in advance!
        Yeah, how are we to surmise anything? No pic, no serial which won't tell much without pic. Could be a four digit SD custom or a newer custom shop, could be a five digit production model...pic's
        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

assuming it is in fact an '80s dinky or strat, the serial number would put in in the range of 1987 - 1989. but we'd need some pics to verify that assumption. edit: that sentence is incorrect, I forgot about the 0's.

finding a specific year would need to be checked using a scan of the log book which I don't think anybody who's active here has available.
          Last edited by metalhobo; 08-26-2021, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
            which I don't think anybody who's active here has available.

If I remember correctly, the logs that were stolen/not-stolen did not go that high anyhow.
            They only made the way up to J1000.

Comment

guys sorry here you go, real Dinky, really US-made

https://ibb.co/SVLj0RN
              https://ibb.co/gj2K7Jd
              https://ibb.co/Tq8dBCq

Comment

That is a Fender-era guitar. Contacting them should yield good results.

Comment

cool thank you!

Comment

Some members or a member here have collected serial numbers and dates so that is your best bet to get accurateish date.
                    I have a DK-1 with serial 006178. And i somehow thought it was 2008 but checking the catalogs i think its earlier than that since they started doing the DK-1s with EMGs in early 2000s like 2001 I believe. Also your DK-1 would have come with EMGs from the factory. And yours has the scuff with the headstock where the clearcoat has lifted and that could narrow the date down somewhat.

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
                      Some members or a member here have collected serial numbers
                      Mudlark isn't here anymore. He hates douche bag that much.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post

Mudlark isn't here anymore. He hates douche bag that much.

Bwahahah, he lost his shit because I made a period joke and I apologized and he was so bent or high he went on a all night rant.

You on the other hand, Pfft you're just a fanboy that can't get
                        a date with phill collens , even with the offer to see willy wonkas chocolate factory

Oh, whats up with the teen girl-ish narratives on your responses. Is that supposed to be your idea of wittty banter. I have to say at your old age most would expect more. Have wonderful day in your bar or is it guitar stores lmao

Last edited by john.w.lawson; 08-26-2021, 03:01 PM.
                        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

I am not up to speed on date stamps for USA bolt-neck Jacksons, but are date stamps present in the neck pocket and on the neck heel? I would disassemble the guitar and look for those stamps.

Coincidentally enough I'm currently investigating a different DK1 with serial number in the 0061xx range, close to the serial number Ed has. If I buy that, I'll obviously disassemble and check for stamps.

Given the serial number page on the Jackson website (https://www.jacksonguitars.com/support/bolt-on) ends at 2001 (just before Fender's acquisition of Jackson and Charvel) at serial number 005051, and the topic starter's serial number is 006517 which isn't too far away, and the delamination defect seen on the headstock logo was noticed on Jacksons from the early 2000s, I would guess his guitar is between 2002 and 2005 at most.

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
                            Some members or a member here have collected serial numbers and dates so that is your best bet to get accurateish date.
                            I have a DK-1 with serial 006178. And i somehow thought it was 2008 but checking the catalogs i think its earlier than that since they started doing the DK-1s with EMGs in early 2000s like 2001 I believe. Also your DK-1 would have come with EMGs from the factory. And yours has the scuff with the headstock where the clearcoat has lifted and that could narrow the date down somewhat.
                            It did indeed come with EMGs originally that were swapped out by the owner. Thanks!

Comment

also this indicates at least a couple years post 03

https://www.ebay.com/itm/28415036706...p2047675.l2557

Comment

Working...
                              X