Logbook help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logbook help

Hello everyone, I just signed up! I recently found what might be a rare Soloist from 1985. Serial number J1340. Its condition is insanely good which always makes me wonder... Anyway, I've seen logbook shots from other eras, I wonder if someone might be able to find this entry and post it here?

Also, it came with what appears to be a period correct case, but it's SHOCKING PINK! Could this be right?

Pictures to follow after I can get this site figured out.

Thanks to all for your help!

Best,
    Cuddy

? ? ???????Figured it out!

Comment

Not everyone uses their guitars like they are Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots.
      Good condition is normal.

Also, think about it....
      a 30 year old man buys some neon glitter, and then he has a kid and needs a job. Then grunge comes around and pointy sparkles aren't cool anymore.
      The thing probably sat in the closet for 30 years.

Comment

I don't question the authenticity of the guitar (nor am I validating it).

But I question if it is in 'original' condition.
        Paint. Trem. Electronics. I don't think any of it is original.
        Last edited by pianoguyy; 08-07-2021, 01:40 PM.

Comment

You need to host images externally, then link them back here. Choose any free image hosting website (https://www.google.com/search?q=Free...obile&ie=UTF-8), upload your images there, and copy-paste your generated links back here. Looking forward to seeing the photos.

Comment

As to the case:
            I have never had a case stay in good condition. If the pink tolex is original (totally possible), it really just confirms what I said in my first post - it sat in the closet for 30 years.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
              I don't question the authenticity of the guitar (nor am I validating it).

But I question if it is in 'original' condition.
              Paint. Trem. Electronics. I don't think any of it is original.
              The Floyd Rose is period correct, (Made in Germany stamped in the back of it, period correct rem arm system with the Delrin washers, 11mm nuts).

The paint checks out as far as blacklight test and lack of masking lines, trem cavity and pickup cavities.

Has anyone out there have access to this serial number's logbook entry?

Comment

The trem claw is a Kahler.
                When it was painted purple, they painted over the inserts.

And when did FR stop using wood screws?
                I have seen... in fact, I owned, wood screws on a 1985. I don't know what year they started using inserts. But given the other 'oddities', I can include that in the above list.

Comment

There's another 1985 Soloist for sale on Reverb right now with the same Allen bolts and inserts on a Floyd Rose bridge.

Does anyone out there have access to this serial number's logbook entry? This would help to solve conjecture.

Comment

https://reverb.com/item/40080720-jac...show_sold=true

This is the only shot I can find of the alleged logbook, (ledger?) I can verify its authenticity because of entry with serial number J0685. Jason Klagstad formerly of Ralph Hanzel Music works with me and was single-handedly responsible for bringing Jackson Guitars to Milwaukee back in the 80's. Our shop is called Milwaukee Guitar Collective.

PLEASE, does anyone have access to this?
                    Last edited by Cuddy; 08-19-2021, 09:25 AM.

Comment

It used to be on audiozone.dk, but that site is long gone and I can't find it on archive.org or anywhere really. I think it ended around 86.

Sorry, thats all I know.

Comment

thebigz, thanks very much. Any information helps!

Comment

Working...
                        X