No announcement yet.

Pawn shop score: 1990 SL1 (fixer-upper)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LEE @Gmw Guitars: Yes, I still offer refinishing work.

Me: You sent Today at 8:35 PM
    ok great. Some people were asking on the Jackson guitar forums , ill let them know

Comment

Update 2:
      GMW Guitars

I've just updated my "about page", so thanks for bringing that old page adage to my attention. I had forgotten all about changing the text to better reflect my current work load. But the projects posted on my Facebook and Instagram pages reflect the most recent type of work I'm now accepting (outside of the heavy duty wood based repairs and upgrades that I used to offer). Only a few of those wood based repair and upgrade projects remain. So once completed, the vast majority of my posts will be related only to refinishing and general repair work. For example, projects such as converting a MusicMan Axis guitar to a a old school MusicMan EVH body will no longer be presented.

Comment

Update 3
        GMW Guitar works

to me:

Almost every project that I deal with is from out of state. For example, over just the past week, I just shipped one guitar project to Hawaii, one to PA, two to Canada, one to NY, and one was a local pickup. People just box up their projects, ship them my way, and they're returned in a similar manner to whatever state they live in. So it seems odd that anyone would wonder if I accept projects from out of state.

Comment

Originally posted by DesolationBlvd View Post
          The scalloped horn, though, only seems to have been a thing on Fusions, and those are only bolt-ons. It also doesn't seem to be a factory job.
          Incorrect. Plenty of Dinkies and Soloists have had the lower scalloped horn.

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nice score! Want to make a quick hundred bucks?

It looks like the floyd is a top mount with a pull up route. That's the best way to mount a floyd in my opinion. You get the feel of the top mount, but it's full floating

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Yeah, fuck TJ... Great person. Why is there no really of knowing.. hug, It makes me an ass or I do ?
              I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                But remember -
                $500 for a crackle is no where close to a Bikini Beach.
                Its been for sale for a year. Your Glow in the darks are cheese balls, youre trying to sell.
                I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Douche bag, what the hell are you babbling about this time.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                    Douche bag, what the hell are you babbling about this time.
                    oh, you the name dropper, no name. i'm not you helpless wife? come on or shut up

Comment

I learned about the Nineties USA Dinkies having the horn scallop not long after my OP, but I had the feeling that only archtop Soloists got the horn scallops. Again, I'm keeping (and only having it touched up to be less aftermarket looking), I want it to be like I ordered it this way.

Comment

I don't think there was any rhyme or reason why some got them and some didn't, some USA and some Japan, and there was at least one Fusion that didn't have it.

I had 2 Japanese Dinky Reverse models, one from '94 and another from '95 or '96 with the scalloped horn. I also had two '94 Professional Dinky HX models that had it.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I don't think there was any rhyme or reason why some got them and some didn't, some USA and some Japan, and there was at least one Fusion that didn't have it.

I had 2 Japanese Dinky Reverse models, one from '94 and another from '95 or '96 with the scalloped horn. I also had two '94 Professional Dinky HX models that had it.
                          The years and no, yes usa and the mij changed
                          Last edited by john.w.lawson; 07-23-2021, 09:10 PM.

Comment

And so I've got images of the neck pickup that was in there

Two conductor, brass plate, seems to be a cheapie pickup from an import model?

And the mess underneath:

Comment

Working...
                            X