Jackson Ontario 1987-89 - Need help identifying Kahler model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Ontario 1987-89 - Need help identifying Kahler model

I'm new to Jackson guitars. Recently I bought a strat-body Jackson and I can't identify which Kahler model is installed. I don't even know how to lock it and changing strings without locking the bridge seems a bit scetchy.

I also would like to know if there's a way to find out which year it was produced. The serial number guide on Jackson website just states that serial numbers from 1506-7303 are manufactured in 1987-89 in Ontario.

Here are some photos: https://imgur.com/a/25eCZYl

Thanks a lot!

I have never had a Kahler that could lock the bridge.
    Although, I have had Kahlers that claimed they could lock the bridge.

Year - take the neck off. There is probably a date written inside of it.
    Also, possibly the truss rod cavity may have some writing. Probably a work order, but possibly a year.
    *The first few thousand serials from Ontario aren't sequential and are stamped San Dimas.
    *If you take the neck off, you can also verify that the two parts are matched because the work orders should match.

AND, and this is a biggie ----
    Your strings are wrapped backwards.
    Last edited by pianoguyy; 06-02-2021, 02:40 PM.

Comment

kahler 2300
      older kahlers don't have the locking feature. you don't need to lock it to take strings off, just take them off.

sounds like this is your first kahler. you should review all the videos and stuff on the kahler usa website to acquaint yourself with setup and maintenance. cam bridges take a bit more maintenance than fulcrum bridges for optimal performance. you might also benefit from replacing the springs.
      Last edited by metalhobo; 06-02-2021, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I have just taken the neck off and, quite unfortunately, it only has "MARK GELLERT" on the body and "HARVEY BECK" on the neck. Don't really know what that means...

Comment

I think the work order for my kahler'd strat is inside the kahler bridge route

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
            Your strings are wrapped backwards.
            He never addressed this!! Maybe its a mirror pic with reverse headstock?? haha

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
              kahler 2300
              older kahlers don't have the locking feature. you don't need to lock it to take strings off, just take them off.

sounds like this is your first kahler. you should review all the videos and stuff on the kahler usa website to acquaint yourself with setup and maintenance. cam bridges take a bit more maintenance than fulcrum bridges for optimal performance. you might also benefit from replacing the springs.
              MY Kahler i owned was newer from 2013 on my LTD-JH600, it looks nearly identical. There is absolutely NO locking feature on the bridge. The strings just float thereand require tuner tension to even stay in the same p lace. I had to have my finger there to even tighten the strings or it would fly out! SO changing strings I had to have my finger on the nut AND the bridge. In the meantime, changing strings on my Floyd isn't more difficult, only that It takes longer to tune up when its new.

And yea, if y our strings are wound to the right, u can't tighten the tuners the correct way.

Comment

We're not talking about about a 'double locking' tremolo. The lock we are talking about is to keep the cam in place. Sort of the same way that people use a Tremo No or baseball cards to keep a floyd from floating away.

Comment

Working...
                X