Jackson RR1 Fretboard Letter Meaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson RR1 Fretboard Letter Meaning

Hey everyone. I have an early 2002 Jackson RR1 and it has a W stamped in the fretboard on the fret above the serial number fret. I was curious does anyone know what the W means? The serial is u02140 just above the last 0 on the fret next to it is a W. It won’t seem to let me upload a picture of it or I would. Thanks for the help!

Hmmmmm, that's new to me and I have a thing for serials.

Unless I'm missing something, I feel someone at the factory may have been hitting the bottle that day.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Yeah I can’t seem to find anything about it anywhere on the web so that’s why I took it to the forum. I’d post a picture but for whatever reason the forum won’t let me.

Comment

I'm not sure what the rules are for new member posts, but to add pics you first need to post them to a site such as imgur and then copy a link to here.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I have a W on a early 90s soloist that i was meaning to ask about on the forums but never got around to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
            Hmmmmm, that's new to me and I have a thing for serials.

Unless I'm missing something, I feel someone at the factory may have been hitting the bottle that day.
            Yep, probably means wasted!
            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

I was thinking that maybe a previous owner put their own "stamp" on it.

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
                I was thinking that maybe a previous owner put their own "stamp" on it.
                That would be a reasonable theory. We'll wait to see if the other example looks as factory as yours does.

Any dealers you can think of that may be being referenced with the W?

Comment

Am I wrong in thinking the OP's W is stamped on a different fret than the serial? That's what made me think it was totally odd.

Comment

Could it mean

Warranty

As in Returned For Warranty Reasons

Or

A Dealer Stamp for certain options?

Would removing the neck be of any help?

Forgive my ignorance. Just putting out a couple thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                      Am I wrong in thinking the OP's W is stamped on a different fret than the serial? That's what made me think it was totally odd.
                      that's how I read it

Comment

Would removing the neck be of any help?

Forgive my ignorance. Just putting out a couple thoughts.
                        [/QUOTE]

It's a neck through model.
                        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

john.w.lawson

Thank You for the Education Sir!

Comment

Originally posted by JJ119 View Post
                            john.w.lawson
                            Thank You for the Education Sir!
                            I wasn't trying to be a ass, trust me. Jacksons and Charvels do have so many anomalies that one could spend their entire life researching and would still elude the most educated J\C scholars.

I just like to look at them and play them. I'm wrong 99% of the time...

Comment

john.w.lawson

No Worries at all !!
                              I didn't mean to sound like a dipshit. It was an honest reply.

I am learning something new any time someone asks questions.
                              The oddities are interesting. Too bad there were no real records kept that would shed light on some of these things.
                              Count me as a Fan of Jackson // Charvel.
                              I hope before long I can get a Custom Made Jackson.

Comment

Working...
                              X