Need help identifying USA select kelly ke2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help identifying USA select kelly ke2

Bought the guitar new in 2003 from online dealer in New York State. Can't find info on serial # j1100.

J1100?
    new, in 2003?

Comment

It should have a U serial number if it's USA. J serials would be Japanese.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The guitar is a neck thru model. Has "Made in USA" on headstock and serial # stamped in last fret. I sent a pic of it to the fender guys who said they had no info in their database about that serial #. For me it is hard to tell if it is a j or a 1.Yes it was purchased in 2003 although I was led to believe it was made in either 2000 or 2001. I bought it a couple of months after my first Jackson which I know was in 2003.

Comment

A pic would help. If it's USA, it would start with a U serial, not a J. And Fender really wouldn't know considering they bought Jackson in 2002 and claim they don't have any info going back before then.

Comment

wouldn't some customs have a "J" serial? but 1100 it would not be...

https://www.jacksonguitars.com/support/neck-thru
            Last edited by metalhobo; 02-13-2021, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Ah, that's right, if it were some kind of Custom Shop, then I could see a J serial, but definitely not 1100. And the Japanese models with the J serial confuse things even further.

Comment

Tried to send pic. Unsuccessful.

Comment

You need to post pics on a site like imgur and then copy the link here.
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I wonder if someone put USA headstock decals on an MIJ?

Comment

Working...
                    X