Don't know where else to turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know where else to turn

First I am going to say that this account belonged to my husband, was able to find my way in. He was on this forum for years and I am only hoping that someone here may help me with some genuine info. Steve passed away in 2018 and I now am here with all his guitars, it has been over 2 years now and I do not know what they are worth and or if they have any value.
    I am looking to sell them because I know that he would want someone to appreciate and enjoy them as much as he did and not sitting doing nothing.
    I have some people that are interested in a few of them but they ??do not want to low ball me or insult me and they wanted me to find out fair market value before offering me anything for them.
    So here I am thinking this would be the best place to come. One guitar that this guy is highly interested in is that I have an 84 custom RR1. I do not know where to start ,it does have nicks and dings and I know that Steve did want to have it fixed. Would it be worth having it fixed first or sell as is and can anyone please give me an idea where to start. Here is an old image of it I can drag it out and take more if need be.
    Thank You Kim
    ???
    Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

you can't attach photos, you need to host them somewhere

Comment

Ok thank you it let me upload one didn't realize it wouldn't show up. I will upload some to somewhere I guess and repost. Thanks again
      Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

as to any advice we can offer -
        we'll need info:
        pictures (list of specifics depends on the guitar itself)
        serial numbers (including pictures of where it is)
        and any included parts or papers that may exist
        *and if you know of any changes that happened, that is also helpful

I would never ask anyone to do anything I would not do myself (yes, I would, but not in this case).
        So, in full disclosure, I personally do not like giving out total/complete serial information. I give out a partial and format. So, you can do the same if that makes you feel more comfortable.
        Using the Rhoads (in 1984 they were not called RR) as an example, Instead of saying RR0666, I would say RR06xx. All letters are important. The first few digits are important. How many digits depends on the specific guitar.

And a piece of advice -
        I am only being nice because your account says you were here since 2005. A lot of "house cleaners" come here posing as widows or children and seek free advice instead of paying for a professional appraisals or even offering a pack of strings to some local musician. Therefore, we aren't too kind to these sorts of posts. So, on the opposite end, don't take advice/offers from anyone who's join date is new or post count is low.
        Last edited by pianoguyy; 01-09-2021, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Sorry it took so long , thank you again for responding. i do appreciate it. I am going to attempt to upload some pics again. The guitar is an 84 I will take your advice and the serial number is RR06xx. The only known things that I know he did to the guitar was change the knobs and strike plate? The originals are in the case.

I do have a friend that is trying to help me with some of the guitars, he is a guitar player in a band himself and another band member is interested in some of them as he already owns 57 guitars. He does not know what the value of some of them would be and like I said does not want to low ball me, I guess I could try and find somewhere to get them appraised but I know that it can cost quite a bit and kind of strapped right now. Hence why I am trying to figure some of them out. Again I really do appreciate anyone with any info.

https://app.photobucket.com/u/Rainbo...9-e1b8e4adb5a4

Comment

I don't know if you need to be a member (or on mobile) to view this particular link. But it doesn't work. It keeps redirecting me to the homepage.
            Last edited by pianoguyy; 01-09-2021, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stevieb91 View Post
              I guess I could try and find somewhere to get them appraised
              No, here is good.
              I didn't mean to scare you off from my previous post. I was simply stating why I/we would be more helpful to you rather than some of these other people that come by. We've been burned quite a few times.

Comment

I have never posted to one of these forums obviously. I took the free route on photobucket and was not certain how to do this. I really do appreciate your help.
                I understand your stance as I am sure you get some people that are shady. You get that anywhere you go. Never know who to trust.

I came here because my husband spent many years here and I know he enjoyed his time. I guess I will have to look into how I can post these pictures. I will tell you it is black with gold hardware. I will try again tomorrow. I have some errands to run and then I will look into it. Thank you for your time.

Comment

Ok one more time I am going to try this and if it works I will post more that you need to see. I can see this within the page, hopefully you can as well. Thanks again.

Comment

assuming we are talking about the hunk taken out of the tip, it would not benefit you to fix this. It would cost too much and add very little value.

I sent you a message with my thoughts.
                    Last edited by pianoguyy; 01-10-2021, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Gorgeous RR.
                      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
                      X